India Visa
Hi

Forgot to add to the previous posting that it is quite annoying that UK citizens are charged a lot more for the Visa than a lot of other countries!! I wonder why?

Jaya
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi Jaya

I have checked and you can find evisa application form on Indian High Commission website. Did not access forms etc but it looks straightforward .

Regards

Lesley
I'm off to India at the end of November, so I'm expecting more paperwork in the next few weeks, so hopefully that will give the latest position
Hi Tim

The website for e-visa information and application form etc is http://www.indianvisaonline.gov.in

Hope this is helpful

Lesley.
Just looked at the e-visa website - I haven't a clue how to provide the square online photo.
Any tips would be welcome Sad
Thanks Lesley and Jaya.
I like E visas, as they are easier, appointments are okay if you can get one to suit.
Jaya look forward to reading your comments on the process.
And your right Jaya it is odd British citizens have to pay more, normally with previous commonwealth countries we get a reduced rate.
Hey ho, maybe historically we upset them,( oooops)
Enjoy what's left of the b/holiday weekend.
Hi fleurbyflueur,

I have just done a photo for an Indian e-visa.

I am on the Isle of Wight and used a local high street photographic retailer. I happen to know the guys in there and checked beforehand that they could do this. I have used them before for ordinary passport photos since the Passport Office started getting fussy about dimensions and where the eyes should be etc. I got the passport checked at the Post Office who said where I used was the best place on the IoW and their photos never got rejected! It might be worth asking at the Post Office if you are not sure who does the best photos!

I simply took a copy of the latest update from the website re photos along & they did the rest. My retailer could either e-mail me the photo or you could do as I did and I took a memory stick in & he copied it onto there.

Hope that helps.
Thank you, Ian! I really appreciate your tip. I've a few weeks yet before I need
to apply for the visa but I'll start researching now. I'll start with Jessops.
Hi Ian and anyone else who is baffled by the e-visa photo.
Jessops will do the job but need you to take in a memory stick.
But a little local photographic shop near me will do the photo and email it.
Simples!
Thank you!
It is great that we can now get E-Visa for India. I too have to find a place in Luton who will be able to take the exact photo required. Not sure why there is such a fuss about the photo to get an E-Visa! I have looked at the website and it is an easy process. Getting the exact dimensional photo is a bigger challenge!! Those of you planning more trips to India, be aware that you can only apply for 2 E-Visas in a year.

Jaya