Polar bears -20th oct 14
Morning

Is there still space on this trip? Could you tell me the numbers, age range n female to male etc.

Many thanks

Lucinda
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi Lucinda,

Yes there are a couple of spaces left on this date.

At the moment there are 6 on the main tour only and 6 booked on the main tour with Toronto add-on.

Ages are from early-40s through to late-60s with 1 man and 11 women.

Kindest regards,

Julia
Is there any guidance on attire to wear-in particular would sort of shoes would be required?

Many thanks

Lucinda
Hi Lucinda,

On this trip you'll be travelling to Churchill where the average high in October is 1 degree and as you are travelling at the end of the month it's probably worth considering that the average high for November is -9!

I would recommend that you pack warm layers (layers will help to trap bodyheat while you are out, and when back at the lodge you can remove a layer if you get too warm), hat, gloves, scarf and a waterproof anorak. In terms of footwear, sturdy walking shoes/boots suitable for cold climates.

Kindest regards,

Julia
(05/09/2014, 09:34 AM)Julia Wrote: Hi Lucinda,

On this trip you'll be travelling to Churchill where the average high in October is 1 degree and as you are travelling at the end of the month it's probably worth considering that the average high for November is -9!

I would recommend that you pack warm layers (layers will help to trap bodyheat while you are out, and when back at the lodge you can remove a layer if you get too warm), hat, gloves, scarf and a waterproof anorak. In terms of footwear, sturdy walking shoes/boots suitable for cold climates.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks for all your help Julia. I went to book the trip, but unfortunely due to the lateness of the booking would have had to have paid an extra £1000 for the flight! The trip was expensive enough without adding that so disappointing not to be going especially when it says there are 4 spaces left. It's put me off wanting to book anything late now as I has got all excited to then be very disappointed. As I booked on the web i didn't realise there was going to be an issue. Guess I'll be waiting til next year now for a holiday :-(