Various
Hi Julie
I think I'm in the right place to talk to you!
Back at the beginning of August you suggested I contacted you around now to check if you now have the name of the Tour Manager for the New York trip on 19th September, and also whether they will be at Heathrow to greet us as I am very nervous about being there on my own.
I would also like some advice as to how many US dollars you think I will need for this short trip. I have absolutely no idea and I don't think meals are included so I will have to allow for them as well.
Also, while writing, I have booked to go to Oxford for Christmas with Just You which I did over the phone with Craig. He said that you don't charge for using a credit card to pay for the holiday, but when I received my confirmation, it says you do. Could you clarify this please. When I have booked holidays before through Thomas Cook, they charge for using a credit card, and as Craig said you don't, that is why I booked it directly through you.
Could you also let me know how and when I get notified that the balance is due and how I make that payment.
Sorry for all the questions, but I have only just started using Just You and am not sure how it all works!
Thanks so much, Pam Downing
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi Pam,

No need to apologise for asking questions - it's what we're here for!

Your Tour Manager has now provisionally been allocated and is down to be Judith Davies. It looks like she will be there at Heathrow to greet you. I would strongly recommend that you make sure you use your Just You luggage tags and make sure they are on show - these are not only great for other travellers to spot you, but also means our Tour Manager will be able to see you too.

In terms of currency. This is a very personal thing. When I head to the US I tend to budget as if I am eating out in the UK. There are so many options available in this city that you can eat out for any budget. If you would like to join in the optional excursions but have not pre-booked then you will want to take some extra currency for these. It looks like you will have some free time too, so have a think about how you would like to spend that - it might be worth having a look at some of the sights on the internet that are not included on your trip and how much they cost. And finally, if there are any souvenirs that you need to buy for yourself, friends and family you'll want to make sure that you have budgeted for those too. Credit cards are widely accepted in New York but we would advise you to inform your bank of your travel plans to avoid any problems using your card (if you need to) while you are away.

I've had a look at our booking conditions and there is no charge if you are paying by debit card, however there is a 2% handling fee on any deposit and balance payments made by credit/charge card. You can see our full booking conditions by following this link: http://www.justyou.co.uk/customer-suppor...onditions/

Around 15 weeks before you leave you will be sent a pack of information that will help you to prepare for your trip and this will include a balance payment reminder. You can call and speak to one of our advisors, alternatively you may be able to pay the balance online.

Hope all of this helps,

Kindest regards,

Julia
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply