Walking in Germany?
Has anyone done the castles and walking trip in the Moselle area of Germany. I have signed up for the 20th August trip and would like a bit more information on the level of walking fitness required!! This is my first singles trip and I would love to hear from anyone else booked on it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi Lesley
I have booked this holiday for September and would like to know also if walking boots are required and a good fitness level and age ranges of this holiday, as this would be my first holiday with Just you, any feedback would be useful.
If I manage to find out any information before I go I will pass it on to you, if not I'll let you know when I get back!!
Hi, I managed to find out a bit more about the trip, and the amount of walking involved. I am now walking in my boots, and trying to find some hills to practice on (I live in a very flat part of Yorkshire!) I hope you enjoy the trip. I will let you know how I got on when I get back.

Burg Eltz Castle
This is a half day excursion with a 2 hour leisurely walk down hill through a woodland area.

Moselle Valley Tour
A 3/4 day excursion. You'll have 1 hour of easy walking in Cochem.

Ahr Valley Walk
A full day excursion with 2 1/2 hours walking on the Red Wine Trail and around Ahrweiler, so 5 hours walking in total.
Walking in the Ahr valley is great. I went there back in May, and will be making a 2nd trip this September. The Red Wine trail from Altenahr. Is a little steep to begin with, but on fairly good track. It then flattens out for quiet away, before the downwards bit. But like i said, all on pretty good tracks. I would suggest walking boots, but not essential for this trek. I would however recommend that water proofs, and a hat be taken, along with sun block, It is a very enjoyable walk, and it is really quite liesurely.
Hi Lesley,
I have just booked myself on the same holiday (20th August). It is my first singles holiday and I am a bit nervous too.

Tim
Andy many thanks for the reply. I have polished off my walking boots and trying to get to the gym to practice uphill walking, I live in a very flat part of Yorkshire!! I am really looking forward to it, though a bit nervous.

Tim, I look forward to meeting you on the coach! Where is your collection point? I get on in York.