Reassurance for all newcomers and first timers.
(13/01/2014, 01:12 PM)sjm533 Wrote: Two years ago I was in the same position as many of you, having lost my husband in February 2012. A had never travelled alone, or even for that matter lived alone. I am in my mid-70's. I found JY and other singles holiday companies through an internet search and booked my first holiday with JY. Why I chose JY - I don't really know. Perhaps it was the choice of holidays, no single supplement, connection from my local airport, it just felt right.

I was so scared a few days before departure that I almost asked my doctor to sign me off sick so that I did not have to go and claim on the insurance! Sense prevailed because I really knew that she wouldn't do it.

You are really "on your own" until you get to the departure airport. Unless of course you have someone to travel with you, or take you to the airport. From there on you will have as much or as little company as you wish.

Fellow travellers are there for the same reason you are - it is somewhere they want to visit. Whether it is for the sights, architecture, history, food, culture, you have that in common at check-in.

I am so glad that I didn't call off that first holiday to France which was in May, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The age range, which was from about mid 30's to 80 really didn't matter, in fact I booked another for September to Calabria and thoroughly enjoyed that as well.

I have two holidays booked this year - though only one with JY, simply because JY do not go where I want to for the other trip.

In my limited experience JY's tour managers have been fantastic. The second hotel was far and away better than the first, but the first was very, very good.

Organisation from departure airport - resort(s) - return airport is smooth. Everything is done for you.

All you have to do is choose - read any reviews on the forum that you can find - book - pay - turn up - ENJOY!!

If anyone wants to contact me "off forum" JY have my email address.

Happy travelling.

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia, very inspiring and reassuring. Delighted to hear about your trips.

From anyone out there really. I've just looked at this site and have 2 queries, one I'm sure you'll all be able to answer, the other from the administrators.

When browsing hols (ie Florence) it doesn't specify what hotel you be placed in (maybe I've missed this on the page! Are the a decent standard within the city limts?

Also any other UK airports? All I can identify is 'the' Londons, Bristol, Brum and Manch.

Happy holidays.

Itchyfeet22
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi your post was great. l have been on some JY Holidays all been Fantastic but l still get very nervous. l am going on Cilento Coast trip May 4th first time l have joined this site hoping to chat to someone doing same trip.
(02/02/2014, 10:16 PM)Itchyfeet22 Wrote: Hi Sylvia, very inspiring and reassuring. Delighted to hear about your trips.

From anyone out there really. I've just looked at this site and have 2 queries, one I'm sure you'll all be able to answer, the other from the administrators.

When browsing hols (ie Florence) it doesn't specify what hotel you be placed in (maybe I've missed this on the page! Are the a decent standard within the city limts?

Also any other UK airports? All I can identify is 'the' Londons, Bristol, Brum and Manch.

Happy holidays.

Itchyfeet22

Hi Itchyfeet22

If you are looking at the brochure, for City Breaks and Escape holidays there is box on the right hand side with hotel information. For holidays where you stay in more than one hotel there is information in the "at a glance" section. If you are looking on the website, for each tour there is a tab "accommodation and itinerary" which provides an overview of the hotels we use.

In terms of regional flights, we have a selection of holidays where we are able to fly from regional airports. You can find information on page 14/15 of the latest brochure. Alternatively, if you visit this page: http://www.justyou.co.uk/search-results/
In the "where from" dropdown, select an airport - click search again and this will provide you with a list of holidays from your chosen airport. If you can't fly direct from your local airport, we may be able to offer you a connecting flight to London for your chosen holiday. One of our friendly Holiday Advisors can give you more information should you wish to use this service.

Kindest regards,

Julia
So scared. I'm booked for Croatia 21 May - how do I contact my fellow travellers?
Hi Maureen,

Start up a "new thread" with the date of your tour on it and I'm sure some others who are on it will reply - it might take a while and of course many JY folks don't use this forum, but it's worth a shot. Don't be scared, this is a very safe and enjoyable way to travel and you are sure to find a couple of like minded people to go around with on the holiday. Better than that, Croatia is absolutely beautiful, so you will really enjoy yourself!

All the best,

Bob
Hi there

I've booked my first JY holiday for September. Exciting times ahead! Has the tour manager been allocated yet for the magic of Kenya trip on wed 17th sept? Has anyone else booked this trip?
Hi Solo pony,

The Tour Manager has not yet been allocated for this trip.

In terms of numbers - There are 19 of you booked at the moment to travel in September. 12 of the group are on the main tour only, with 7 of the group staying for the Mombasa Beach add-on.

Kindest regards,

Julia
I went on my very first singles holiday in November to Florida, it was the best thing I have ever done. I was a bit nervous at first but we were well looked after and saw so many things on our trip. I would say to anyone thinking about booking something go for it. I loved every minute of it and met some great people.
Hi fellow travellers! My first holiday on my own since I was 17, now in my late 60's and as nervous as can be to be travelling alone to Malta this summer. I thought this would be a good start for travelling alone as there are like minded people who for one reason or another are alone.

Has anyone else been to Historical Malta and taken the extension of 5 days to see Gozo?

Kind regards
Lyn
(11/03/2014, 04:46 PM)Magpie18 Wrote: Hi fellow travellers! My first holiday on my own since I was 17, now in my late 60's and as nervous as can be to be travelling alone to Malta this summer. I thought this would be a good start for travelling alone as there are like minded people who for one reason or another are alone.

Has anyone else been to Historical Malta and taken the extension of 5 days to see Gozo?

Kind regards
Lyn

Hello Lyn and welcome

I think you will find the Malta tour is a relatively new tour to JY, have a look in the review section on here, someone might have something to say on there, and please leave a review when you come back they do help people make a decision. Please don't worry about being alone, once you meet up your NOT alone unless you want/need to be. I have my 10th JY tour booked they are great fun you get to see so much,and your looked after, the bonus is you get to meet some new friends, and maybe a future travelling companion, I hope you have a great time.

Cindy