Reassurance for all newcomers and first timers.
Hi all , today I plucked up the courage and ave booked my first holiday for November to Treasures of Andalucia . Looking forward to my new adventures .  Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/01/2014, 01:12 PM)sjm533 Wrote: Two years ago I was in the same position as many of you, having lost my husband in February 2012.  A had never travelled alone, or even for that matter lived alone.  I am in my mid-70's.  I found JY and other singles holiday companies through an internet search and booked my first holiday.

I was so scared a few days before departure that I almost asked my doctor to sign me off sick so that I did not have to go and claim on the insurance!  Sense prevailed because I really knew that she wouldn't do it.

You are really "on your own" until you get to the departure airport.  Unless of course you have someone to travel with you, or take you to the airport.  From there on you will have as much or as little company as you wish.

Fellow travellers are there for the same reason you are - it is somewhere they want to visit.  Whether it is for the sights, architecture, history, food, culture, you have that in common at check-in.

I am so glad that I didn't call off that first holiday to France which was in May,  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  The age range, which was from about mid 30's to 80 really didn't matter, in fact I booked another for September to Calabria and thoroughly enjoyed that as well.  

I have two holidays booked this year - one of them with JY.

In my limited experience tour managers have been fantastic.  The second hotel was far and away better than the first, but the first was very, very good.

Organisation from departure airport - resort(s) - return airport is smooth.  Everything is done for you.  

All you have to do is choose - read any reviews on the forum that you can find - book - pay - turn up - ENJOY!!

If anyone wants to contact me "off forum" JY have my email address.

Happy travelling.

Sylvia
Hello

I am really scared, anxious. I want to do it but worried if it is unsafe.

Yasmin
(13/01/2014, 01:12 PM)That\s great to hear, I'm just embarking on booking my 1st solo holiday. MY husband & we lucky to be able to travel a lot & I still want to my husband only died 4 months ago but I am itching to get this next stage of my life going. I absolutely know that is what e'd want me to do. And I am worried about going on my own. Wrote: Two years ago I was in the same position as many of you, having lost my husband in February 2012.  A had never travelled alone, or even for that matter lived alone.  I am in my mid-70's.  I found JY and other singles holiday companies through an internet search and booked my first holiday.

I was so scared a few days before departure that I almost asked my doctor to sign me off sick so that I did not have to go and claim on the insurance!  Sense prevailed because I really knew that she wouldn't do it.

You are really "on your own" until you get to the departure airport.  Unless of course you have someone to travel with you, or take you to the airport.  From there on you will have as much or as little company as you wish.

Fellow travellers are there for the same reason you are - it is somewhere they want to visit.  Whether it is for the sights, architecture, history, food, culture, you have that in common at check-in.

I am so glad that I didn't call off that first holiday to France which was in May,  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  The age range, which was from about mid 30's to 80 really didn't matter, in fact I booked another for September to Calabria and thoroughly enjoyed that as well.  

I have two holidays booked this year - one of them with JY.

In my limited experience tour managers have been fantastic.  The second hotel was far and away better than the first, but the first was very, very good.

Organisation from departure airport - resort(s) - return airport is smooth.  Everything is done for you.  

All you have to do is choose - read any reviews on the forum that you can find - book - pay - turn up - ENJOY!!

If anyone wants to contact me "off forum" JY have my email address.

Happy travelling.

Sylvia
Thankyou for that post. I am looking at this site for the first time and have booked
my 1st holiday with JY to Australia at the end of Jan '19. Feeling apprehensive, but so excited
too!
Any info re that holiday gratefully received
(11/10/2018, 10:25 AM)sallyw07@hotmail.co.uk Wrote: Thankyou for that post.  I am looking at this site for the first time and have booked
my 1st holiday with JY to Australia at the end of Jan '19. Feeling apprehensive, but so excited
too!
Any info re that holiday gratefully received

I’m travelling to Australia 29 Jan.... is that the same for you then?

I posted amazing Australia post last week and someone named John provided info... 

I’m scared and excited too

We might be travelling in the same group.....

With best wishes 
Andrea
Message for Yasmin,

I have just seen that you are worried about a tour being unsafe.  Please let me reassure you that travelling in a group is the safest way to travel.  Indeed that is why many of us choose to go that way.  I am much happier in a group than I am on my own, and once you meet up with the group you are not likely to be alone unless you want to be.  Have no worries about safety.  

Sylvia
(21/01/2014, 08:13 PM)julie2 Wrote: wow Im new to all this too, the discussion group and the holidaying alone.
Ive booked my 1st holiday (scary stuff) but feel reassured by all the positive comments
Im booked on the Treasures of Andalucia towards the end of March, any advice or tips will be gratfully received and read.. probably several times!

Hi Julie, No need to be scared but most of us are for our first trip.
It was my second trip with JY when I went on the Treasures of Andalcia.  I spent Christmas there and fell in love with Mijas.  It is one of the prettiest places I have visited and the people are very friendly.
I'm returning to Tuscany in May, which was my first JY holiday and is wonderful but I would also not hesitate to visit Mijas again, maybe another Christmas if the pennies allow me!
I thought the hotel was brilliant and very good value. A wide variety of food to choose from; something to to suit everyone.  The rooms are very spacious and the hotel is very clean. Lovely location within easy walking distance of the very pretty village.
Dont be misled by thinking its a small village; every time I went, I discovered something new.
The trip in the Tuk Tuk is well worth doing and Carmen, the girl that took us is lovely and very very knowledgeable since she was born there, but speaks excellent English with an American accent!
The museums in Mijas are very interesting also and worth a visit.
Dont miss the Nerja and Frigiliana trip.  Again, they are very beautiful places.
We had great weather too and I think you will have a fantastic holiday there.

Hope this is helpful and ENJOY xx