Return from my first trip
(18/05/2013, 03:49 PM)Newdave Wrote: Ok, I've been and I've come back!
From being excited when I first booked, I became apprehensive as the departure date neared. I was concerned that the introduction might be like an AA meeting "my name's Dave and I'm a widower". In the end I need not have been concerned; no-one pried and individuals' life stories just emerged as the holiday progressed.
The trip to Istanbul, Troy and Ephesus was great, always on the go (exactly what I wanted) and the other travellers were great company. The guide Ugur was extremely well prepared and gave us the facts we needed for each site we visited. He also managed the off-plan stops so that it appeared that we were having 3 meals each day. Local prices in turkish lire were cheap.
Would I recommend this trip? Yes 100%.
Will I go again? Of course I will. The only problem is that none of the trips in the brochure are quite as appealing as the one I've just been on. I'm looking for:
1. Not long haul
2. Ten days max
3. Plenty of activity, not lounging in the sun
If any more-seasoned JYer knows a holiday that fits these criteria, let me know.

Thanks to the new friends I met and who shared their holiday with me.

BTW It was the warmth of responses on this Community site that made me go in the first place. Thanks to those who took the time to respond to my posts.

Hi there, I only joined today and was wondering if I had done the right thing, reading your post I know now that it might be possible to be able to have a holiday safely on my own. Thanks for the post!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hello,
I am only back from Prague, Vienna and Budapest a few weeks & it was wonderful. The people were so friendly and the Tour manager was brillant- funny, friendly and knowledgable. The weather was perfect as it wasnt too warm. This trip wasnt as hectic as Classic cities of Italy as there was a bit more free time to see what you want, although there was still plenty of included trips. The optional river cruise in Prague was relaxing and the night river cruise in Budapest is not to be missed. I would defenitly recommend this trip.
(18/05/2013, 03:49 PM)Newdave Wrote: Ok, I've been and I've come back!
From being excited when I first booked, I became apprehensive as the departure date neared. I was concerned that the introduction might be like an AA meeting "my name's Dave and I'm a widower". In the end I need not have been concerned; no-one pried and individuals' life stories just emerged as the holiday progressed.
The trip to Istanbul, Troy and Ephesus was great, always on the go (exactly what I wanted) and the other travellers were great company. The guide Ugur was extremely well prepared and gave us the facts we needed for each site we visited. He also managed the off-plan stops so that it appeared that we were having 3 meals each day. Local prices in turkish lire were cheap.
Would I recommend this trip? Yes 100%.
Will I go again? Of course I will. The only problem is that none of the trips in the brochure are quite as appealing as the one I've just been on. I'm looking for:
1. Not long haul
2. Ten days max
3. Plenty of activity, not lounging in the sun
If any more-seasoned JYer knows a holiday that fits these criteria, let me know.

Thanks to the new friends I met and who shared their holiday with me.

BTW It was the warmth of responses on this Community site that made me go in the first place. Thanks to those who took the time to respond to my posts.
Hi Dave.
If you want a really relaxing holiday, go to Costa Del La Lux, trips are fantastic, hotel
Fantastic, fantastic food, in fact from the time you get on at the airport to the time you
Get from home it's just great, I've been twice and second time was just as good as the first, I'm also a widow and felt the same as you, I've booked for Canada & New England in sept 2014, it gets very good reviews. Julie L
Hi. Glad you enjoyed the trip. Was it the one from 6th to 13th October, if so I was on the same one? (I was the fairly solitary lady who used a stick.) Anther trip I've been on which you might enjoy was Jordan (10 days, short-haul). I've also been to South Africa and New Zealand, which were also well-organised but of course both longer and further away. All the best, and hope you enjoy more trips in the future.
Ann
In September I went on my first Just You holiday. It was National Parks, Mount Rusmore and Little Big Horn tour. It was brilliant though the pace at first was a little fast for me but I soon got used to it. When I returned home to an empty flat I found I really missed everyone on the tour.

I have special needs and was expertly looked after by Deborah Flower, out tour manager and Dan, our driver who made it effortless for me to get my special feed out from the coach at every new hotel. I was the one with a hole in my neck!

I am planning on another Just You Holiday next year though I can't afford to take one as grand as the last, maybe a shorter one. Jordan Springs to mind so if anyone has been on that tour i'd be interested in your feedback.Thumbs Up
(01/12/2013, 04:57 PM)Annie Wright Wrote: In September I went on my first Just You holiday. It was National Parks, Mount Rusmore and Little Big Horn tour. It was brilliant though the pace at first was a little fast for me but I soon got used to it. When I returned home to an empty flat I found I really missed everyone on the tour.

I have special needs and was expertly looked after by Deborah Flower, out tour manager and Dan, our driver who made it effortless for me to get my special feed out from the coach at every new hotel. I was the one with a hole in my neck!

I am planning on another Just You Holiday next year though I can't afford to take one as grand as the last, maybe a shorter one. Jordan Springs to mind so if anyone has been on that tour i'd be interested in your feedback.Thumbs Up

Annie

Can I suggest you put a posting about Jordan on the say hello postings on here you might get more of a response and look into the review section to see what people say about this tour, I have not done Jordon. I am glad you were looked after.

Cindy
Hi Dave

It was great to read your message. I've done lots of travelling but never alone - but you know what after reading what you have to say, I'm going to do it!! Thanks again
I can recommend Italy to any one !!
(05/01/2014, 07:04 PM)mags5 Wrote: Hi Dave

It was great to read your message. I've done lots of travelling but never alone - but you know what after reading what you have to say, I'm going to do it!! Thanks again

Hi Mags,
Great to hear that. The central organisation is great, it's a tried and tested format; all you need is a good group and a good guide. I've just booked my second trip. I'm sure you'll do fine.
Dave
Hi Dave , i have done Thailand trip which was long haul and on the go constantly but worth it.
I have just booked my second trip which is croatia and the Makarska riviera june 13th , this may be ideal for you and its for 8 days take a look it quite a mixture of Activities. Gill