Pyramids and Nile Cruise
Hello Graham, I communicate to all customers through these community pages and I am taking over for Olly temporarily while he focuses on some other work, so if you have a query you are fine contacting me this way.

Kind regards

James, your editor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi graham,

The mix of ages varied from 26 ish up to 85ish (I think). There were more women than men but we all mixed and no one was left out unless they wanted to be. obviously little groups formed as they do, but even in these the majority of people included everybody. I really wouldn't worry too much just go & have a fabulous time; there will always be someone to chat with, have a beer with etc and of course everyone goes because they are interested in the cultureand history of Egypt. I can't give you my email address here as they wont print it but please do ask James or Olly and they will pass it on! As for not liking heights, I am terrified of them but somehow in a balloon it is different I really can't explain why but it was simply fantastic & well worth the early start, honestly I wouldn't lie to you it really is different up there in a balloon so quiet & peaceful.

Just go for it Graham you wont regret it, honestly!!

Bye for Now
DebbieW
Hi Graham
Have also recently done this tour.
The sites were really quite amazing and not to be missed.
I was also concerned about meal arrangements when they were not included, but for us it was really only one night.
The day we arrived was so late that you had to be content with the in flight meal, maybe put some provisions in your luggage. The next evening there were several restaurant options in the hotel, and we shook out into different groups depending on your food preference, After that all meals were included, but do not expect a wonderful culimary experience. Also if you like wine, it had to be bought by the bottle, so you need a friend, or a pen to write your cabin number on the cork, if you are not up to a full bottle at one sitting.
The loacl guide was very knowledgable and very helpful. The days were long. The weather good, exhaustion only set in after I got home.
Hope you enjoy.
SFM
I am travelling to Egypt on the Nile cruise in April. i have seen a number of posts mentioning a balloon trip - can anyone tell me more? thanks John
Hello John, the balloon trip is a Hot Air Balloon flight over Luxor. If booked, you will have an early morning transfer from your hotel across the Nile to the Westbank to take a 40 minute balloon flight.The price is detailed below in 3 different currencys.

Price: US$195/E£1060/£126 per person

Kind regardsJames, your editor
Hi John,
The 4.45am start is well worth it, the balloon trip is probably the best thing I have ever done & our pilot (Bob) was great. And despite them telling you to wrap up it isn't cold up there at all, even less so if you are in a compartment next to the pilot! You get a nice cup of tea or coffee and a bit of cake as you cross over the nile and you get a big Breakfast box from the MS Tulip with far too much in it to be honest LOL. Anyway John go up in the Balloon and have a great holiday!! Just don't expect good food on the MS Tulip as I am afraid you wont get it! it was passable but only just,except when they did Egyptian food on the Galabaiya night which was delicious.

Enjoy

PS we are not that far from each other I am in Shrewsbury!

Bye for now