Northern Cyprus
I am interested in the Northern Cyprus holiday but am unsure about the hotel. I have seen some comments from JY travellers about it, so looked it up on Trip Advisor where the reviews were all pretty bad. Does JY have any plans to change the hotel for 2010?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi Jools
There are no plans to change the hotel as far as I know. I had a look at Trip Advisor too and the reviews seemed quite good, with the first 10 reviewers giving the hotel an average of 3.6 out of 5.
However, if you don't think the hotel is right for you, that's perfectly understandable. If I hear of a change to the hotel I'll let you know. You might also want to have a look at the next brochure, too, to see if there have been any changes.
Kind regards,
Olly, your editor
As a Tour Manager I have encountered many guests who have read comments placed on Trip Advisor and been worried but when they arrive cannot see the same negative point of view that was posted on the site. I myself when operating a new tour for Just You or a new hotel have used the site and left the UK with trepidation as to the guests reaction. Whilst Trip Advisor can be a useful tool, and I too have posted comments both negative and positive on the site, it can be a perspective view as many more people are motivated to write a negative comment than the hundreds who have had a positive expierience. Also hotels are often not responsible for over high expectations of some of its guests.