Robert Sharpe - China tour 22/9/07
Hi Robert
I have been told that you are our tour manager for China on 22nd Sept. Have you any tips re travel money, type of clothes for that climate etc. also I have been advised by my practice nurse that I should take anti maleria tabs any comments

Regards
Chrissie Halsey
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi Chrissie
I shall be interested in Robert Sharps reply to your question regarding China especially about Malaria Tablets as I have been told by my GP as it is not an High Risk Area Malaria Tablets are not necessary. Carol
Hi Carol

Hope I can get this matter cleared up, all I can think of is that I am going on the Yangtze Gorges Cruise so that is possibly where there might be a risk. Hope Robert picks up the e-mail before I go because I don't like taking Maleria tabs but if it is neccessary I will.
Regards
Chrissie
Hi Chrissie

Have you had a reply from Robert? also have you had a look at nathnac.org click on fit for travel and check Malaria Map.

Regards
Carol
Hi Carol
Not had a reply to my e-mail to Robert yet and I did send one to Cheryl asking if he check for e-mails and she has not replied yet either.
I have looked at the site you suggested and although it says it is a low risk area I think as we will be on the Yangtze river I am not going to take the risk. My practice nurse when I asked her if I need tablets said I should take them for China and has given me the name of some tablets you can buy over the counter and they are named PROGUANIL according to the nathnac.org site they have the fewest side affects. Anyway this is only my view and everyone should make there own mind up and not be infulenced by anyone else, one way or the other.
Not long now, are you getting excited?
Best Wishes
Chrissie
Hi Chrissie,

Yes I am very excited about it all, at the stage where I am taking everything and next week I will change it. When left with a few days to go most probably change it again.

I keep checking weather forcast it looks quite hot at the moment, hope to get to Heathrow about 4ish.
I must have checked my passport a dozen times.
Regards
Carol