ANDALUCIA 28TH SEPTEMBER
I AM VERY INTERESTED IN THE SPANISH POET FEDERICO GARCIA LORCA. IS THERE ANY CHANCE OF SEEING SOME PLACES CONNECTED WITH HIM ON ONE OF MY FREE DAYS?.

I am going to the Alhambra ,but not Gibraltar.

Originally I had planned to spend a week in Granada on my own, independently following the 'Lorca trail', but I had to cancel the holiday because I didnt feel able to cope with staying in a strange city completely alone on my first trip to Spain.

Any information would be very much appreciated, as this is important to me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi Susannah
You are welcome to break away from the group and do your own thing. Please just let the tour manager know where you are going - they may be able to offer some helpful tips too.
There are quite a few included excursions that you probably won't want to miss, but also two or three days when you will be free.
Kind regards,
Olly, your editor
Thanks Olly -I understand that the trip to Granada is difficult without a coach or a car (don't drive)-something like 3 buses/trains! I get tired easily, and hope to meet some like-minded companions amongst our group. It is in Granada that Lorca is most remembered, and I wonder if i can fit something 'extra' in on our day there??? I am planning to go on all the included excursions, plus Alhambra.What I really need is a travelling companion -I'm just not up to going it alone these days!
Hi Susannah
I think it might be too ambitious to try to see more than the Alhambra trip on that excursion. It will be a fairly long drive there and back and there is so much to see at the Alhambra - it really is stunning.
One solution might be for you to stay in Granada overnight then travel back to Mijas after seeing what you want to see the next day. You would need to make your own hotel and travel arrangements if you wanted to do this. Alternatively you could book the Alhambra trip to take advantage of the transport but take your own personal Lorca tour rather than see the Alhambra. But it would be a shame to miss it. I would have a word with your tour manager when you arrive and see what they recommend.
Kind regards,
Olly, your editor
Hi Olly, I think you are right! I definitely DON'T want to miss the Alhambra. (Lorca also spent a lot of time there and wrote poetry about it!) I think I am trying to squeeze too much into one holiday, and maybe I will need to come back to Spain another time to stay in Granada and do my Lorca tour which, done properly, would take more than a day -more like a week! I'm not keen on being left behind in Granada (and I cant afford another hotel at this time)-I am a 67 year old lady, very feisty -but I know my limits!
Hi Susannah
I think that is a good idea. It would be a shame to miss out on a lot of your holiday and have to rush your Lorca tour.
Kind regards,
Olly, your editor
Hi,

I'm not sure whether I should have started a new thread as this is a few simple questions for the tour manager on this holiday (David Crawford according to the documentation that arrived earlier today) rather than about a Lorca themed trip to Granada.

1. I am flying from Manchester. Am I right in thinking that I won't meet up with you until I arrive at the airport in Malaga?

2. Am I right in thinking that meals on the flights (with Monarch Airlines) are not included and that therefore I should either eat something at the airport before take off or buy something on board?

3. On arrival, and preferably before any welcome meeting, can you direct me to somewhere where I can buy a "6 pack" of bottled water (half litre bottles) so that I have something safe to drink for taking my pills?

Thanks,

Phil.
Morning Phil,

My name is Ben and I answer on behalf of the Olly at present, David will indeed be meeting you at Malaga Airport yes.

Monarch airlines do not supply food on board no, but there will be plenty of opportunities to purchase food in the departure lounge, there are all manner of restaurants, usually a Boots, WH Smith etc that all sell a big selection of food.

On arrival yes you will be able to get some bottled water of course, please just make David aware of this at the first opportunity, he will assist you anyway you need.

Hope this helps

have a good trip,

Ben