One essential item you take on tour(s) - Printable Version

+- Just You Community (https://forum.justyou.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Just You (https://forum.justyou.co.uk/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Share your travel tips (https://forum.justyou.co.uk/forum-72.html)
+--- Thread: One essential item you take on tour(s) (/thread-88121.html)

One essential item you take on tour(s) - Dyuti - 15/04/2019

Hello everyone, 

I thought I start a new thread to ask, what do you take on your holiday that you find it most useful, no matter where you go?

I don’t mean the usual things like medicines, book, devices etc. but one item that you must pack to make your life easier away from home. 

I take an extension lead to charge my iPhone, iPad, and Fitbit HR at the same time. When I went to Australia - my first JY tour, I found there wasn’t enough time to charge three items individually using the same one adapter. You could charge any item through the night, but I prefer not to while I sleep if I am not at home. So the only solution for me was to take an extension lead to charge all three devices in one go. It makes my life easier as I know the devices will be charged and ready for me to use. I use Fitbit tracker to wake me up in the morning, and to remind me when to leave etc. I now take a small power pack and that needs charging too if I use it. 

So what is your ‘must pack’ item? 

Dyuti

RE: One essential item you take on tour(s) - Vickie - 16/04/2019

Great idea Dyuti! Big Grin

RE: One essential item you take on tour(s) - Dyuti - 16/04/2019

(16/04/2019, 10:54 AM)Vickie Wrote: Great idea Dyuti! Big Grin

Thanks, Vickie.

Dyuti

RE: One essential item you take on tour(s) - Toni2909 - 16/04/2019

For trips involving multiple hotels, packing cubes are a must for me - they make "living out of a suitcase" so much easier.

RE: One essential item you take on tour(s) - ItalyLover - 17/04/2019

I have a small battery travel alarm clock. Rather than risk being late for meeting up I'd use that as well as phone or ipad timed alarms.

RE: One essential item you take on tour(s) - intrepid traveller - 20/04/2019

My decaf tea bags and decaf coffee sachets.  Amazing the number of hotels that do not supply decaf. I drink decaf for medical reasons so it’s important to me.

RE: One essential item you take on tour(s) - intrepid traveller - 23/04/2019

(20/04/2019, 12:54 AM)intrepid traveller Wrote: My decaf tea bags and decaf coffee sachets.  Amazing the number of hotels that do not supply decaf. I drink decaf for medical reasons so it’s important to me.

PS,  just remembered that once we were awoken in the night by the fire alarm, lighting a bit inadequate so now I pack a tiny torch and keep it in the bedside cabinet. It’s only happened once so very unlikely to happen again but..........

RE: One essential item you take on tour(s) - SueStricks - 03/05/2019

A travel hot water bottle! Essential for colder climes or cold rooms with air conditioning overkill! I never travel without a mini hot water bottle- and I’ve met several tour managers over the years that  do the same! Buy them on amazon for a few £!

RE: One essential item you take on tour(s) - wesspan - 18/05/2019

An extension lead is a really good idea, thanks Dyuti! *scurries off to add one into suitcase* I only have one adaptor, so usually end up 'queuing' the items. Your idea will save time & effort!

My essential item is a 2-in-1 memory foam travel pillow: a U-shaped neck pillow that opens up to a rectangular pillow. I use the neck pillow for flights/ coach trips and open it up for sleeping at night, if the hotel cannot swap the standard puffy pillow for a firm one.