Carolyndaw
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Any one going on this trip? I want to see the area but did not want to stay in an hotel in Pompeii which the summer tours do. This seems ideal. I just hope the weather will be kind. I am not expecting hot weather obviously but some sun would be nice. 
Matty
  • (Newbie)
(Newbie)
Just booked on this, it will be my 3rd JY holiday having been to Malta last year and just returned from Andalucia. I have been with other Solovgroups but so far JY are my favourite 
Carolyndaw
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I  went with JY to the Cilento Coast in Italy in September 2019 and found them very good.Did not enjoy the crowded flight though nor the early start. The flights this time are at more sociable hours!
Ethertonm
(Newbie)
This will be my first solo trip so I am looking forward to it but slightly anxious, so glad there are a few people touching base who will be going too, look forward to meeting you all
Carolyndaw
(Member) (Topic Starter)
It's normal to be a bit anxious I think as a solo traveller. If you put your Just You label on your cabin bag someone will notice and speak to you. Are you flying from Heathrow?

Matty
  • (Newbie)
(Newbie)
I'm flying from Heathrow, travelling up from Devon very early in the morning, know it's a risk and if the weather forecast isn't great I'll change that and travel the day before. Look out for the JY luggage labels and let's reassure our first timer Solo travellers. The Tour Managers are usually great, but can only be in one place at a time.
Carolyndaw
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am not risking trains so am travelling to Heathrow the day before. Good luck with your journey.

Ethertonm
(Newbie)
Yes I am flying from Heathrow so I will look out for the Joy purple tags and hopefully meet a few fellow travellers
Carolyndaw
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I see we are flying Finnair which I gather is a subsidiary of BA. It gets bad reviews but I must say flying these days is just so uncomortable anyway without the drinks or food or chance to buy on board things you never really wanted. I am not hopeful therefore that the flight to and from Naples will be anything but awful!
Matty
  • (Newbie)
(Newbie)
My plans changed. The M25 is going to be closed both ways for 3 days from 15th to 18th March so I'm not risking a Monday morning journey. Premier Inn T5 Bath Road the night of 17th if anyone else is also there. 
Carolyndaw
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am at Premier Inn T4 Matty
Matty
  • (Newbie)
(Newbie)
I flew FinnAir on codeshahe with BA back from Malaga in October 2023. They were way better than BA and we had a great flight.