gk
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
My best holiday yet - no word of a lie!

I would thoroughly recommend this trip to anyone even vaguely thinking about it. It's a very busy schedule, over 3000 miles long, but boy is it good.

This particular trip was most enjoyable as:

• We had 21 women and 19 men - and a great mix of ages

• We were extremely lucky weather wise

• We had a great driver (thank you Ron)

• We had Anne Murray as our Tour Manager - we were truly blessed!

Highlights? Well, there are far too many to mention. Each day seemed to bring something even better than the day before.

For me there were three that I shan't forget in a hurry:

1. Yellowstone - the wildlife, the vistas, the sheer beauty

2. Bryce Canyon - truly amazing and very colourful

3. Zion NP- driving through on the most scenic road I have ever been on

The last word goes to our Tour Manager - Anne Murray. She was wonderful. Her laid back, flexible and people-centered approach was spot on. Her planning was superb - her knowledge fantastic. If only every tour manager was this good. Without her the tour may have been very good, but with her it was simply superb.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sounds fantastic, it's definitely on my to-do list! We had Anne Murray in March on America's Golden West and I agree she made a great holiday into a fantastic one!
Anne-Marie
(Member)
I was also on the same tour as GK. I really can't add any more to what he's said. It was a terrific holiday - great itinerary, wonderful Tour Leader and a great bunch of people - as a first timer with JY, I was very impressed and would have no hesitation in recommending this holiday to anyone. I also agree on the highlights. In addition I also loved the Crazy Horse Memorial - it made a big impression on my, particularly learning about the Native American Indians. I don't think a day passed where I didn't stop and say to myself "this is amazing - I can't believe I'm here".
Faith
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi. Interested to see your postings because I am seriously considering the National Parks and Canyons for next year. I dont relaly like flying so usuall stick to short haul to Europe but such wonders of natural beauty are very appealing. Just wondering how much time you spend travelling from one sight to another compared with how much time you have at location?