DPM
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Tricia2468' wrote:

Hi everyone. I've decided to book the Alcatraz tour but before I do so has anyone else decided what time they are going? It would be nice to have a group going together

Hi Tricia

I'm booked onto the 9:10am Alcatraz cruise for 7th September. The early start should avoid the worst of the crowds, and leave one with a full afternoon to explore San Francisco further.

Be aware that whatever time you book the cruise for, you need to be at the boarding gates approx 30mins beforehand. Luckily our hotel isn't too far away from Pier 33 where boarding takes place.

Hope this helps

Dave

TMEileenWilliams
(Member)
[attachment=378] Hello travelers for 30/8 Yosemite, Grand Canyon, and Classic California! My name is Eileen Williams and I am the Tour Manager for your trip. This is my tenth year as a tour manager and my third year leading Just You trips.

I live in currently Colorado and will be traveling to Arizona to meet you. I grew up in the Southwest and can not wait to share it all with you.

Let me make some suggestions for our trip:

*Please bring sun cream and a wide brim hat as the temperatures will be around 40 degrees Celsius (it's a dry heat) :thumbup:.

*Also, please bring some closed toe shoes.

*Most of our hotels have swimming pools so a swim suit is a must.

*Also, you might want to pack a reusable water bottle as there are places you can refill them. You can save money and reduce rubbish.

*Bring a light sweater or jacket with you due to temperature changes on the motor coach and many buildings.

*Please call your bank and credit card company to let them know that you will be traveling in America. Many of my clients have their cards shut down when they try to use them in the States. A short telephone call can save you from having to fix it overseas.

*If you want to use your phone in America, you must have a GSM ready mobile phone/sim card. Most of our hotels have wifi for our use.

I am excited to see so many of you on this community page. I can't wait to meet you all. If you have any questions, please post them here and I will do my best to answer promptly.

Happy Travels!

Eileen Williams, Just You Tour Manager