cazmc
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have been thinking about going on holiday on my own for a long time & I have now decided the time is right to take the plunge.

I just wanted to know if there will be 2014 dates for the America's National Parks & Canyons tour?

Regards

Carol

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Carol,

I'm afraid the America's National Park & Canyons tour will not be available in 2014. We've found that customers are preferring to book the National Parks, Mount Rushmore & Little Big Horn tour and our team have made the decision to rest the tour for now.

I'm sorry, its probably not what you wanted to hear after deciding to take the plunge.

Kindest regards,

Julia

PaulineD
(Member)
Okay, so now I'm confused (it doesn't take much!!) What is the difference between the America's National Parks and Canyon tour that has been dropped for 2014 and the National Parks, Mount Rushmore and Little Big Horn that has been added please? Are there things that are missed out on the first one. Sorry to appear thick I must be having a Senior Moment!!

PaulineD

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi PaulineD

What a good question - let me shed some light on the answer.

America's National Parks and Canyons is a 10-day tour and visits 3 national parks, 2 canyons and other places of interest which aren't technically a national park or canyon.

National Parks, Mount Rushmore & Little Big Horn is a 17 day tour and visits 6 national parks, 2 canyons and even more places of interest.

We have run both tours (or variants of these tours) alongside each other for a number of years as they both offer travellers the opportunity to see some amazing landscapes, however we have recently found that the longer tour has become much more popular and a decision has been made to rest the shorter tour for now.

Hope that helps explain things a little bit.

Kindest regards,

Julia

PaulineD
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi PaulineD

What a good question - let me shed some light on the answer.

America's National Parks and Canyons is a 10-day tour and visits 3 national parks, 2 canyons and other places of interest which aren't technically a national park or canyon.

National Parks, Mount Rushmore & Little Big Horn is a 17 day tour and visits 6 national parks, 2 canyons and even more places of interest.

We have run both tours (or variants of these tours) alongside each other for a number of years as they both offer travellers the opportunity to see some amazing landscapes, however we have recently found that the longer tour has become much more popular and a decision has been made to rest the shorter tour for now.

Hope that helps explain things a little bit.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Oooo, thanks for that Julia I'd better start saving my pennies!!!!!

It does make sense just to run one and not repeat some of the things on another holiday.

I didn't want to feel I was missing out!!

You've made 'a very confused senior person' very happy.

PaulineD

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Well PaulineD, I do try to help solve these little mysteries.

Kindest regards,

Julia

DavidG
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have long felt that many JY holidays are too short - especially long-haul. Once you allow for days getting there and back, jet lag plus travel in the UK, the actual days on holiday are quite short. On all long-haul holidays I have been on (4) I have always opted for any add-ons.
Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello,

Following on from DavidG's comment, I agree with what Davis says, but I think that some of the holidays pack so much in, there doesn't seem to be enough time in some places.

Kind regards

Ann