Mausie
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ollie,

I am booked on the above Cruise but have just been informed by my Company that we will be closing in six month's time so therefore I shall be redundant. What is the procedure should I have to cancel and the deadline in doing this? I assume of course that I shall lose my deposit. I look forward to your reply.

Regards.

Maureen

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Maureen

I'm really sorry to hear you are going to be made redundant. I hope you find another job soon.

As for your holiday, I would advise that you don't cancel yet. If you cancel any time between now and 42 days before departure, the most you will lose is your deposit. So, in effect, you have until September 2009 to see what happens with your employment situation. It won't cost you anything to wait and see.

Also, you might not even have to lose your deposit. Your insurance may well cover holiday cancellation owing to redundancy. Some policies do and some don't, so do have a look at the small print and see whether you are covered.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Mausie
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Olly, I'll take your advice and, hopefully, I won't have to cancel anyway.

Regards.

Maureen