Tiki
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I’ve booked my first trip with JY and looking forward to meeting everyone. I had this trip booked last year but had to cancel for urgent surgery so this is extra special to me. I love the USA and apart from Grand Canyon/Las Vegas have not visited any of the other locations. I was concerned to read previous review about clash of trip with TS tour at same time and some issues with security at one of the hotels. Hoping anyone who hasn’t been can provide reassurance .
Patches
(Member)
'Tiki' wrote:

I’ve booked my first trip with JY and looking forward to meeting everyone. I had this trip booked last year but had to cancel for urgent surgery so this is extra special to me. I love the USA and apart from Grand Canyon/Las Vegas have not visited any of the other locations. I was concerned to read previous review about clash of trip with TS tour at same time and some issues with security at one of the hotels. Hoping anyone who hasn’t been can provide reassurance .

Hi Tiki

I too have booked this tour and read the review about the clash of trips.   I asked the editor how many were booked on this trip and there are 27.   Sounds a bit better than 75.   Look forward to meeting you and everyone else.

Travellite
(Member)
Tiki, it’s a great trip. Check out the hotels on trip advisor, take a door wedge with you. I found the hotels varied greatly in quality and did, along with other travellers, make our views known to the tour manager at the time in relation to two of the hotels.
Tiki
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Patches' wrote:

'Tiki' wrote:

Hi Tiki

I too have booked this tour and read the review about the clash of trips.   I asked the editor how many were booked on this trip and there are 27.   Sounds a bit better than 75.   Look forward to meeting you and everyone else.

yes looking forward to trip. Busy looking up the various places we are staying to see what there is to see in our own time on evenings, if we're not too exhausted lol

Tiki
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Travellite' wrote:

Tiki, it’s a great trip.  Check out the hotels on trip advisor, take a door wedge with you.  I found the hotels varied greatly in quality and did, along with other travellers, make our views known to the tour manager at the time in relation to two of the hotels.

thanks for the advice and I've purchased a door wedge as you recommend. Has the company taken any notice of your concern about a couple of the hotels? It's worrying as a sole female traveller.

BridgetC
(Member)
Should be 28 in a few days!
Patches
(Member)
'Travellite' wrote:

Tiki, it’s a great trip.  Check out the hotels on trip advisor, take a door wedge with you.  I found the hotels varied greatly in quality and did, along with other travellers, make our views known to the tour manager at the time in relation to two of the hotels.

Hi there, may I ask why you recommend taking a door wedge with us?   Thanks for enlightening me.

Travellite
(Member)
'Patches' wrote:

'Travellite' wrote:

Hi there, may I ask why you recommend taking a door wedge with us?   Thanks for enlightening me.

Patches and Tiki. This is something many travellers take with them for peace of mind, I do so either at hotels in the UK or abroad.   It means no-one can easily enter  the room with a key/key card or by slipping the lock as the door jams.  Some of the hotels on your specific trip have doors and windows onto exterior walkways rather than being off an interior  corridor,so it is a way of feeling more secure when sleeping or in the shower .   Travellite.

Tiki
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Not long now until we meet the group at Heathrow, excited for the trip, looking forward to reward to meeting everyone and the experience of my first solo adventure.