LynseyR
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've just booked this holiday and it would be nice to meet a few fellow travellors beforehand, so please get in touch!

Lynsey :thumbup:

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lynsey,

Great choice - this is the holiday I've booked this year! 🙂

For 8 days, I will be abandoning my position of Just You Community Editor (and Just You employee) to sit back and take in the various sights of Prague, Vienna & Budapest!

Jules

P.s. To all other Community members, please don't worry - I will be leaving you in Tim's very capable hands.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi to you both, I haven't done this holiday but I have visited all three cities and you are in for a treat! I particularly love Prague, so atmospheric. Hope you have a wonderful time!

Best wishes,

Bob

LynseyR
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jules, it's nice to meet you. have you been working for JY for long? (and does this mean we have to be on best behaviour!!!)

Thanks Bob, I can't wait. do you have any must-do (or don't-do!) touristy advice for me? and where is your next holiday to?

Lynsey

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lynsey

Great to meet you too!

I joined JYHQ about 5 years ago (although it only seems like 5 minutes ago - but time flies when you're having fun)

Best behaviour? I'll be in holiday mode so I hope my fellow travellers will be as relaxed as I am.

Kindest regards,

Julia

vina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

It would be great if you can post a review on your return, as I have read mixed comments (the comments now seem to have been removed - would be useful to have where available for each tour).

Thank you, vina

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Vina,

We don't delete old threads, so the comments should still be on the forum somewhere. I'd recommend a you try a forum search (there is a link is towards the page) - perhaps refine it to the reviews section and see how you get on.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Mick W
(Member)
Lynsey/Julia,

Not yet been to Prague or Vienna but they are on my "to do" list.

Although i tend to do city breaks independant not with JY I can tell you i really enjoyed Budapest. My favorite part of the city is the castle district on the Buda side of the river.

I enjoyed the food in Budapest but one piece of advice is don't use the touristy restaurants on the touristy pedestrian Vaci Utca not there is anything wrong with the food but you will get far better it the small places down some of the small side streets.

Other bits of advice is I found i got a much better exchange rate for Florint in the many exchange booths around the city than in the UK.

A must visit is the Terror museum, not nice history and tells you about what happend during both the German & Russian occupation, its in the building that was used by both regimes secret police.

Mick

LynseyR
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Vina,

I loved the trip, and would definitely recommend it.

I don't recommend the optional excursion of the lunch cruise in Prague, most of the time was spent stationary in a lock and was a waste of the precious few hours we had.

Vienna was wonderful, and the optional excursion of the concert was definitely the highlight of the week.

Budapest was by far my personal favourite, and I will definitely be going back to explore at leisure.

If you like history and architecture, then this holiday is a must!

Lynsey

sjm533
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Lynsey,

Great choice - this is the holiday I've booked this year! :)

For 8 days, I will be abandoning my position of Just You Community Editor (and Just You employee) to sit back and take in the various sights of Prague, Vienna & Budapest!

Jules

P.s. To all other Community members, please don't worry - I will be leaving you in Tim's very capable hands.

Hi Julia,

Vienna is my favourite. Schoenbrunn, the Stadtpark, Mariahilferstrasse (leave your wallet at home!), coffee and ice cream.

Enjoy!

Sylvia

DavidG
(Member)
Hello Vina,

I too have been on this trip and it was really very good. The optional concert was so good that several of us went again the next night (at a different venue). The hotel booked the tickets and taxi for us. Lynsey was obviously unlucky with the cruise in Prague as ours went without a hitch and was very enjoyable.

One tip; do try a horse and carriage trip in Vienna. If several of you share not too expensive and takes you round back streets too narrow for coaches, but just as interesting as main sights.

I will go back again one day!