Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi CLC,

You are not alone taying over the night before, I'm staying at Bewleys Hotel which is next door to the Crowne Plaza while MikeB is staying at the same hotel as yourself.

We are hoping to meet up for a meal if you are interested in joining us you'll be more than welcome.

Have you seen on this thread that a few of us have booked the escape lounge at terminal two on the morning of the flight, again pease join us if it suits you, would need to book.

Don't think Salt Lake City involves a boat trip (could be wrong), I've booked that excurrsion, want to see the salt flats.

28 is a good number, had 45 on route 66 last year and thought it was too many.

Look forward to meeting you.

Mick.

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
oops didn't read your post properly and mentioned the escape ounge but see you have already booked, will def see you there if not night before.

If you want to arrange meeting us night before I'm sure Julia will pass our emails on if we both agree, already done so with MikeB.

Mick

CLC
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

oops didn't read your post properly and mentioned the escape ounge but see you have already booked, will def see you there if not night before.

If you want to arrange meeting us night before I'm sure Julia will pass our emails on if we both agree, already done so with MikeB.

Mick

Yeah would be good to meet up evening before. I am happy for you to have my email if Julia wants to pass this on. Thanks for tip re voucher codes website as well.

Claire

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mick, can I take your earlier message as consent to receive Claire's email address?

Thanks

Julia

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Mick, can I take your earlier message as consent to receive Claire's email address?

Thanks

Julia

Yes no problem.

Mick

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
In that case.... Mick I've dropped you an email.

Kindest regards,

Julia

martini2429
(Member)
Hi,

With regard to the Salt Lake City excursions, when I did this trip, it involved a drive to the Great Salt Lake and short look around the area and then we went to the Copper Mine at Bingham Canyon, there was no boat trip, but of course things may have changed since I did this, when we left the Copper Mine we had a drive around the area visiting a Mormon Museum and the going past the Winter Olympic Stadium.

Regards,

Martin

MikeB
  • (Member)
(Member)
SteveW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mick,

Thanks for the link.

I have now booked in the Escape lounge for 9 am.

Should arrive at the airport by train approx 8:20.

Regards,

SteveW

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SteveW' wrote:

Mick,

Thanks for the link.

I have now booked in the Escape lounge for 9 am.

Should arrive at the airport by train approx 8:20.

Regards,

SteveW

Hi Steve,

i'm staying over at a airport hotel but aim to check in similar time you arrive so will see you in the lounge if not before. Seven of us now booked the lounge.

Mick

CLC
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Martin have booked this now
CDM
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Everyone

Thanks for the breakdown of temperatures - it bears out what I was able to find out when booking.

Wondered what was being posted now our trip is getting ever closer. Looks as though the numbers are mounting for the lounge and am looking forward to meeting everyone. In my experience (Cuba from Heathrow with JY last year) it was well worth it! Guess there may be others who are on the trip but don't use the forum that will be there too so I'm sure we'll all be on the lookout for JY luggage tags. Less than a month to go now! :thumbup:

Diane

PS My understanding of Salt Lake is trip to salt flats and city. Is there some confusion with the Lake Powell boat trip?

WE73
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Everyone,

I am booked on the 17 days America's National Park holiday leaving 23rd September too. This is my first JY holiday and I am really looking forward to it but also a bit nervous as it is my first holiday on my own.

The breakdown in temperatures is really useful as unsure what to pack. I have booked into the Escape Lounge at MA and will be there from 8.30ish and thanks for the voucher code link.

Only four weeks to go now!

Wendy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Wendy,

Look forward to meeting you in the lounge, think that makes 8 of us now.

Everyone is nervous before their first trip but once we all meet up you'll soon feel relaxed, everyone seems to get on well on these holidays.

The tempretures are interesting, looks like some warm days but cool evenings, bit of everything when it comes to clothing I think.

Are you travelling to Manchester on the morning or staying over, three of us that I know are planning to meet the night before for a drink and food. I'm staying at Bewleys while Claire & Mike B are at the Crowne Plaza (the hotels are next to each other).

Mick

CDM
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Wendy

Know how you feel. This is my 4th venture with JY, they've got longer each time, have been very different trips and there have been different people on each but I've enjoyed all three previous ones. My thoughts are that if everyone is travelling alone and has chosen the same holiday then they are likely to have a lot in common.

Look forward to seeing you at Manchester in a few weeks.

Diane

CLC
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Wendy

This is my first JY holiday too. Like you I am a little apprehensive too but everyone's posts about the holidays have put me at ease. Really looking forward to the holiday now. See you in the escape lounge.

Claire

WE73
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

Wendy,

Look forward to meeting you in the lounge, think that makes 8 of us now.

Everyone is nervous before their first trip but once we all meet up you'll soon feel relaxed, everyone seems to get on well on these holidays.

The tempretures are interesting, looks like some warm days but cool evenings, bit of everything when it comes to clothing I think.

Are you travelling to Manchester on the morning or staying over, three of us that I know are planning to meet the night before for a drink and food. I'm staying at Bewleys while Claire & Mike B are at the Crowne Plaza (the hotels are next to each other).

Mick

Hi Mick,

I'm travelling to the airport by train on the morning and will be there around 8ish all being well.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Wendy

CDM
  • (Member)
(Member)
'martini2429' wrote:

Hi,

With regard to the Salt Lake City excursions, when I did this trip, it involved a drive to the Great Salt Lake and short look around the area and then we went to the Copper Mine at Bingham Canyon, there was no boat trip, but of course things may have changed since I did this, when we left the Copper Mine we had a drive around the area visiting a Mormon Museum and the going past the Winter Olympic Stadium.

Regards,

Martin

Hi Martin

I'm sorting out currency for the trip (23/9 - so close!) and wondered what you found you needed over and above what was already paid for re meals, snacks etc?

Diane

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Everyone,

Only two weeks to go and we'll be all on our way, starting to get close and I've already sorted my hand luggage with important stuff like - passport, travel documents, copy of esta, insurance docs, money, camera, etc.

Still debating what clothes to pack so I've had another weather check using the hotel post codes and speciic date at each place, it differs slightly from my previous list.

These are the averages for the places we stay according to the weather channel website in farenheit.

Denver - High 74 - nightime low 44

Rapid City (2 nights) - 70 - 42

Sheridan - 69 - 38

Cody - 67 - 41

Yellowstone - 60 - 25

Jackson - 62 - 29

Salt Lake City (2 nights) - 72 - 51

Cortez (2 nights) - 72 - 40

Gand Canyon - 69 - 37

Page - 76 - 52

Bryce - 62 - 35

Vegas - 85 - 62

I also looked at the record highs and lows and it can vary significantly although currently tempretures are close to seasonal average.

Looks like most places it'll get warm in afternoon (shorts may even get a outing) but drop off signficantly on a night so will need a variation of warm and cold weather clothing. Reckon it'll be chilly first thing in morning but warm up towards lunch time.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at Manchester.

Mick