Wskidmore
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi ,

is anyone going on the Canada & rocky Mountaineer holiday departing on 3rd September 2024.

Wendy 

Hsmith57
(Newbie)
Hi Wendy

I am going on the same trip as you - my first solo holiday. Starting to get excited about it now! Helen

Wskidmore
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi Helen 

Lovely to hear from you. This is my 5th or 6th Just you holiday. I am excited too but have just been onto Just you about the Jasper wildfires. They have no updates. However, I have been on the rocky mountaineer website and evidently Jasper has been completely evacuated and the Rocky mountaineer is not routing through Jasper. So looks like we will be rerouted through Banff national park. 

Is this your first time to Canada? Stay in touch

best wishes

wendy

Hsmith57
(Newbie)
Hi Wendy

I did wonder what impact the fires in Jasper would have - hopefully they can reroute us and not miss too much. Awful for the area and so sad to watch it all. I have been to the east coast of Canada ( Niagara, Toronto etc) but never to the west so hoping it will be a great experience. 

See you in a few weeks

Helen

mrajmorgan
(Newbie)
Hello,

I'm booked on this trip too and looking forward to it. 

Waiting for an update from Just You regarding the situation caused by the fires. 

Wskidmore
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi Both

I have had the updated options from Just You and have opted to continue with the amended holiday with the Rocky mountaineer now going from Banff. Hope you decided to do the same. Now I'm starting to think about what to pack!

see you next week. 

Wendy

Hsmith57
(Newbie)
Hi, I have also opted to continue with the amended trip, since the area is completely new to me I am sure it will still be great. Started packing - will probably restart several times before my flight to Heathrow on Monday!!

See you both soon 

Helen xx

Wskidmore
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi Helen

i haven't started packing yet but I don't want to over pack however when we may be experiencing 4 different seasons of weather I'm think t shirts through to winter jacket!! I need to measure my case because air Canada are quite strictly on luggage!

I bought walking boots but my friend who went on an identical trip in June said I won't need them. I'm not sure 🤔 

Are you going to the plaza lounge before departure?

Wendy xx