Barb W
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Recently back from this enjoyable tour & thought I'd post a brief review.

We had a friendly group of 28 very capably managed by Ricardo Lima who had a wealth of knowledge of all things Portugese.

Our hotel had a great location & overall was very good, the staff so friendly & helpful. Buffet meals were not brilliant but good enough with plenty of choice.

I went on all of the trips & enjoyed the variety of them all, plus 2 free days to explore the local area.

If you are thinking of booking this tour I hope this helps

Barbara

Helenmary
(Member)
I am booked on this trip in September and am glad to hear that it went well.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Barbara

Thanks for your comments.

Cindy

Bosuncat
(Member)
Thanks Barbara. Comments on the poor food have always put me off, which is silly I know.

The hotel location looks amazing!

Eljay
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Helenmary' wrote:

I'm also on this trip in September and welcome this review. Looking forward to it but a shame food doesn't seem to have improved much since negative reviews last year

Barb W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I really wouldn't worry too much about the food, personally I liked it, there was so much to choose from. You do have to take into account that it is buffet food not table service. Several people I spoke to said they would like to have stayed a bit longer, so it couldn't have been too bad, I would be very happy to return

Regards

Barbara

Eljay
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Barb wrote:

I really wouldn't worry too much about the food, personally I liked it, there was so much to choose from. You do have to take into account that it is buffet food not table service. Several people I spoke to said they would like to have stayed a bit longer, so it couldn't have been too bad, I would be very happy to return

Regards

Barbara

Thanks Barb, that's really helpful. I much prefer a buffet to table service as I'm a very fussy eater. Experience tells me it is more difficult to lay on a buffet beyond reproach. Also opinions are very subjective and what one person likes another hates. Will look forward to my trip without reservation now.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Personally, I would not let reviews about poor food put me off if I really wanted to do the holiday as everyone's expectations are different. I always say to myself that it is not 'home' and as long as I get something I am a happy bunny!

Jaya

Barb W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Eljay' wrote:

'Barb wrote:

Regards

Barbara

Thanks Barb, that's really helpful. I much prefer a buffet to table service as I'm a very fussy eater. Experience tells me it is more difficult to lay on a buffet beyond reproach. Also opinions are very subjective and what one person likes another hates. Will look forward to my trip without reservation now.

Please post your thoughts when you return, I will be interested to hear how you got on. Hope you find that the food suits you ok & enjoy those lovely views from the terrace!

Barb

JSP
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Helenmary' wrote:

Hi! I am going on 21/9/15, this will be my 6th Just You holiday and they have all been good. When are you going? Jen

Helenmary
(Member)
'JSP' wrote:

'Helenmary' wrote:

Hi! I am going on 21/9/15, this will be my 6th Just You holiday and they have all been good. When are you going? Jen

Hi,I am booked on 21st September from Heathrow,deciding if I need to stay night before in Heathrow as am travelling from South Wales. Helen