paulajay
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)

Fantastic tour with Jana in charge! So many laughs, and the short commings of hotels in the catering department are just inconveniences. The driver was very good, although he didn't seem all that well. Exciting excursions, and the extras were worth visiting, and value. The two couriers in Vienna and Budapest were excellent, and also very funny. The assembled crowd were superb company, and once we found out who was who after arrival (due to the Manchester and Gatwick flights arriving at different times), all got on well.

As for Jana's Grandmother, I just hope somebody let her out of the loo!

dianejan
(Member)
Hi Paula

Thank you for feedback I am going on the 6th June I hope the driver is better by then!!! What where the shortcomings on the food? Could you please tell me what are the extra excursions? as still not sure how much money to take with the three currencies. Sounds as though you had a good time. I am flying from Manchester.

Kind regards

Di

paulajay
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, Di,

Food shortcomings are simple; mass catering. You can't please all the people all the time! The extra excurasions are many and varied, but taking the boat trip on the first day in Prague was brilliant -it included lunch. Musical fountains were really amazing. The Strauss/Mozart Concert in Vienna was excellent, but then, music is my thing. There was a night trip with boat ride in Budapest, but I didn't go - too kn*******d, and we had been to the pub the night before!!! The general concensus was it was a fabulous outing. Cash? Bearing in mind you have to pay for the extras whilst you are there, I'd allow about £80 in Czech; £150 in Euro, and for Hungary about £90. I found out that in Vienna some Banks are open on Saturday, and if you look sufficiently lost, a kindly Teller will lead you (literally) by the hand to get extra dosh. You can pay in Euro if you ask, and the place is big enough e.g. hotels.

hope this helps, and Enjoy!

dianejan
(Member)
Hi Paula

Thank you so much for the feedback exactly what I wanted to know. I bet you need another holiday after all that!!!

Kind regards

Di

suziewales
(Member)
Helpful fellow travellers! What would we do without you. I am going on this trip on 1st August and was wondering about currency etc. The food situation is a little worrying as I am gluten free, but I am sure I will manage and won't starve! Not particularly fussy eater anyway.

Hi, Di,

Food shortcomings are simple; mass catering. You can't please all the people all the time! The extra excurasions are many and varied, but taking the boat trip on the first day in Prague was brilliant -it included lunch. Musical fountains were really amazing. The Strauss/Mozart Concert in Vienna was excellent, but then, music is my thing. There was a night trip with boat ride in Budapest, but I didn't go - too kn*******d, and we had been to the pub the night before!!! The general concensus was it was a fabulous outing. Cash? Bearing in mind you have to pay for the extras whilst you are there, I'd allow about £80 in Czech; £150 in Euro, and for Hungary about £90. I found out that in Vienna some Banks are open on Saturday, and if you look sufficiently lost, a kindly Teller will lead you (literally) by the hand to get extra dosh. You can pay in Euro if you ask, and the place is big enough e.g. hotels.

hope this helps, and Enjoy!

shyanne
(Member)
Hi suziewales,

I am also going on this holiday on the 1st August, flying from Manchester. Where are you flying from? I am really looking forward to the holiday now, starting to think about spending money, books to take etc. Being a bit of a foodie, I am not too happy about the comments re mass catering at the hotels but I am sure it will be fine - could do with cutting back on eating anyway!!

Anne

suziewales
(Member)
'shyanne' wrote:

Hi suziewales,

I am also going on this holiday on the 1st August, flying from Manchester. Where are you flying from? I am really looking forward to the holiday now, starting to think about spending money, books to take etc. Being a bit of a foodie, I am not too happy about the comments re mass catering at the hotels but I am sure it will be fine - could do with cutting back on eating anyway!!

Anne

Hi Anne - I am flying from Heathrow. Quite nervous about going on my own until I meet up with everyone else; first time I have stood on my own two feet and I am nearly 60! I have booked a car park at Heathrow so will make sure I leave plenty of time for getting there. Hope you manage to meet up with other travellers at Manchester. Look forward to meeting you.

Suzie