Hel63
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I'm thinking of booking this trip for Feb 2019.  Can you tell me how many people have booked and their ages?

thanks.

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Hel,

Just two people at the moment, 1 woman and 1 man, both in their 60s 🙂

Thanks,

Vickie

Gaynor
(Member)
I am going to Norway on the 18th. of February. When are you going?
Hel63
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi i will be booking a different trip this year so, sadly can't do both. Hope you have a great time, would be interested in reading a review if you post one as might do Norway trip next year.
DeeJo
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I'm booked on this trip on March 11th, could you please let me know whats best to pack for this trip.

Thanks

Dee

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Dee,

How exciting, not long now! 🙂

Sure, we would recommend you take ice grips for your shoes and warm woollen or fleece under garments with you, to stay nice and warm!

An insulated body suit, boots, gloves and headwear, including a lamp, will be provided for you.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Vickie

AbbaDave
(Member)
'Gaynor' wrote:

I am going to Norway on the 18th. of February. When are you going?

Hi Gaynor

I am on this trip to Norway flying from Luton

where are you flying from

Really looking forward to it

see you in Tromso if your flying from Gatwick

Dave

SL Devon
(Member)
Hi there Vickie.  I am also going to Tromso in March.  I am a total rookie with any cold weather destinations.  What would you advise for wearing around the city.  I mostly walk in wellies in wet and muddy Devon.  Do I need walking boots for this trip?  Should I bring a walking pole?

Also, how many people are booked on the trip.

Thanks.

'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Dee,

How exciting, not long now! 🙂

Sure, we would recommend you take ice grips for your shoes and warm woollen or fleece under garments with you, to stay nice and warm!

An insulated body suit, boots, gloves and headwear, including a lamp, will be provided for you.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Vickie

SL Devon
(Member)
Hi again Vickie

Sorry, more questions about March trip to Norway.

How many people are on the trip and where are they flying from?

Not many meals are included, Do you have any advice as to how much spending money is required for food and drink?

Do I need to buy walking boots for this trip?

Thank you.

Apologies if these questions have appeared in a different form somewhere else, I am finding the system a bit confusing to use.

Suzanne

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Suzanne,

Apologies for the delay.

So there are 16 people booked on this trip, 6 men and 10 women. Their ages range from mid 50s to early 70s.

People are either flying from Luton or Gatwick.

Regarding spending money and boots, we asked your Tour Manager, Linda Fleet for her advice, and she said:

I would suggest boots that have a good grip and that are warm. These do not have to be actual walking boots, as long as they are comfortable and you can use thick socks inside them for warmth. Crampons are usually a good bet over the boots but not compulsory. These can be purchased in UK or in Tromso if required. Approx. ÂŁ15 in Tromso depending on where they are purchased.

A coffee or tea is approx. ÂŁ5, a light lunch, soup & bread will cost approx., ÂŁ10 and an evening meal between ÂŁ20-ÂŁ35 depending on where you eat. Most restaurants & cafes offer water at no charge.

I hope that helps!

Many thanks,

Vickie

DeeJo
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Vickie

Could you let me know if there are many people booked for the ice fishing trip and how much walking would be involved.

Thanks

Denise

SL Devon
(Member)
moggypawprints
(Member)
'DeeJo' wrote:

Hi

I'm booked on this trip on March 11th, could you please let me know whats best to pack for this trip.

Th

Dee

Hi Dee,

This is Linda, I am the Tour Manager for this tour.

It is best to have layers. I take thick tights, warm trousers, thick socks, and layers for upper body. A hat that covers your ears, gloves, and a warm, waterproof coat is the best advice I can give. 

Ensure you have footwear with grip on the soles. You may like to have crampons for extra grip.  These can be purchased in UK or in Tromso if you wish.

Don’t forget your camera and a small torch (can use a mobile fone), if you want to go exploring in the evening.

Any further questions please ask.

Look forward to meeting you next month.

Best regards,

Linda

DeeJo
  • (Member)
(Member)
'moggypawprints' wrote:

'DeeJo' wrote:

Hi

Th

Dee

Hi Dee,

It is best to have layers. I take thick tights, warm trousers, thick socks, and layers for upper body. A hat that covers your ears, gloves, and a warm, waterproof coat is the best advice I can give. 

Ensure you have footwear with grip on the soles. You may like to have crampons for extra grip.  These can be purchased in UK or in Tromso if you wish.

Don’t forget your camera and a small torch (can use a mobile fone), if you want to go exploring in the evening.

Best regards,

Linda

Hi Linda

Thanks for the advice, could I ask about the Ice Fishing excursion - are there many people booked to go on this and how much walking would be involved.

Thanks

Dee

SL Devon
(Member)
Good Morning

Can you tell me if it is possible to photo the Northern Lights with an iPhone 5 or should I bring a more 'proper' camera?

Thanks

SylviaJ
(Member)
'SL Devon' wrote:

Good Morning

Can you tell me if it is possible to photo the Northern Lights with an iPhone 5 or should I bring a more 'proper' camera?

Thanks

Hi SL Devon

A quick search of Google brought up many results so have a look there.  The local guides are very good at changing the settings of your phone/camera if you are unsure and usually take a group photo with their camera/tripod with the lights behind and will email it to the TM.  You should take a proper camera also as I would hate for you to miss them.  

Regards

Sylvia

AbbaDave
(Member)
'SL Devon' wrote:

Good Morning

Thanks

Hi my camera phone a Samsung ace was useless iPhone maybe better but if you have a proper camera bring that, the guide at the camp can put your camera in the correct mode to capture the lights just ask when he comes round it's a magical experience hope you see them

AbbaDave
(Member)
'moggypawprints' wrote:

'DeeJo' wrote:

Hi

Th

Dee

Hi Dee,

Best regards,

Linda

Hi Linda

any chance you could send us the pictures from the northern lights from Feb soon 

Many thanks dave

SL Devon
(Member)
'AbbaDave' wrote:

'SL Devon' wrote:

Good Morning

Thanks

Hi my camera phone a Samsung ace was useless iPhone maybe better but if you have a proper camera bring that, the guide at the camp can put your camera in the correct mode to capture the lights just ask when he comes round it's a magical experience hope you see them

Thank you.