BettyBoo
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia

It was nice to meet you at the 50+ show in London.

Thought it was about time I asked how many of us are on this tour and gender mix?

Also, do you know who the tour manager is and whether they will be flying out from Heathrow?

We have lounge passes so it will be great to meet fellow travellers before we fly

Kind regards

BB  🙂

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi BettyBoo,

It was lovely to meet you too! I hope you enjoyed the rest of the show.

So with just a couple of weeks until you depart I can tell you that this date is fully booked with 40 travellers. The group is made up of 12 men and 28 women with ages from early-40s through to early-80s.

The Tour Manager provisionally allocated to this tour is Kathy Williams and it looks like she will be meeting the group in the USA.

Have a wonderful trip.

Kindest regards,

Julia

BettyBoo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Julia. 

Yes I did enjoy the rest of the show, stayed mainly around the travel section and for Jan Leemings talk. The health and wealth sections were quite interesting although the wealth department is diminishing due to all the JY holidays and Voyage of Discovery cruises! I'm off again on the 9th October on the VoD Just You special to Greece and Turkey. This time I may even write a review!

Kind Regards

Betty Boo 🙂

mlesleyk
(Member)
'BettyBoo' wrote:

Hi Julia

Thought it was about time I asked how many of us are on this tour and gender mix?

Also, do you know who the tour manager is and whether they will be flying out from Heathrow?

We have lounge passes so it will be great to meet fellow travellers before we fly

Kind regards

BB  :)

Hi

I am going on this trip on 14 Sept (only a week to go!) See you in the lounge

mlesleyk
(Member)
Not sure if I actually posted a reply just now or not so apologies if I already had!  Nor v  good on forums!  Anyway Im also doing this trip so very excited but Julia have you any idea what the temperature will be like as I know we are covering a large area.  No idea what to pack!
mlesleyk
(Member)
'BettyBoo' wrote:

Hi Julia

Kind regards

BB  :)

Hi

I am going on this trip on 14 Sept (only a week to go!) See you in the lounge

BettyBoo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'mlesleyk' wrote:

Not sure if I actually posted a reply just now or not so apologies if I already had!  Nor v  good on forums!  Anyway Im also doing this trip so very excited but Julia have you any idea what the temperature will be like as I know we are covering a large area.  No idea what to pack!

Hi mlesleyk

Like many JY tours I think there will be quite a range of temperatures so I think layers are the best things to pack. At the moment the average temperatures in most places are 20-25 but expect it it to be colder at altitude, especially Yellowstone, so I am taking hat and gloves (we might even see snow).

From Salt Lake City onwards I expect it will be getting hotter, and be prepared for heat in Las Vegas where the temperature is nearly hitting 40! Don't forget your swimwear as a lot of the hotels have pools. I never take anything too dressy, if there is time to change in the evenings most people will still be casual although you might want to sparkle in Las Vegas.

Hope this helps

Ps don't forget sunscreen and Mozzie protection, those little blighters get everywhere!

BB

mlesleyk
(Member)
'BettyBoo' wrote:

'mlesleyk' wrote:

Hi mlesleyk

Like many JY tours I think there will be quite a range of temperatures so I think layers are the best things to pack. At the moment the average temperatures in most places are 20-25 but expect it it to be colder at altitude, especially Yellowstone, so I am taking hat and gloves (we might even see snow).

From Salt Lake City onwards I expect it will be getting hotter, and be prepared for heat in Las Vegas where the temperature is nearly hitting 40! Don't forget your swimwear as a lot of the hotels have pools. I never take anything too dressy, if there is time to change in the evenings most people will still be casual although you might want to sparkle in Las Vegas.

Hope this helps

Ps don't forget sunscreen and Mozzie protection, those little blighters get everywhere!

BB

Thanks BB.  :rolleyes: