karell01
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I'm thinking of doing this tour in June 2015. Is anyone booked on the trip yet? If so, how many and ages? Could you also let me know the prices of the optional excursions please? Can these also be booked during the tour and are they the same price?

Sorry so many questions. I've never done a JY holiday before so new to this.

Many thanks.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Karell01,

First of all, welcome to Just You. I'm sure you've had a look around the community and seen what other travellers have said about joining a Just You holiday.

For the 31st May departure, there are 8 travellers currently booked (4 men and 4 women) with ages ranging from mid-50s through to early-80s.

As this is a new tour for 2015, I'm afraid the optional excursions haven't been loaded into the system yet - I should be able to provide you with the prices towards the end of January. At this point I'll also be able to tell you whether or not they are pre-bookable only or available to book when you are overseas. I'm sorry that response is a little vague - but ask me again in a few weeks and I'll be able to provide a much more comprehensive response.

In the meantime, if you do have any additional questions, just ask.

Kindest regards,

Julia

karell01
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Karell01,

First of all, welcome to Just You. I'm sure you've had a look around the community and seen what other travellers have said about joining a Just You holiday.

For the 31st May departure, there are 8 travellers currently booked (4 men and 4 women) with ages ranging from mid-50s through to early-80s.

As this is a new tour for 2015, I'm afraid the optional excursions haven't been loaded into the system yet - I should be able to provide you with the prices towards the end of January. At this point I'll also be able to tell you whether or not they are pre-bookable only or available to book when you are overseas. I'm sorry that response is a little vague - but ask me again in a few weeks and I'll be able to provide a much more comprehensive response.

In the meantime, if you do have any additional questions, just ask.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia

Many thanks for the information. How many places are there on this tour? Do I need to book up fairly soon or do I have a little more time to think about it?

Many thanks.

Karen

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Karen,

We can take up to 44 travellers on this tour so you've got a little bit of time. I would recommend that you book sooner rather than later as we do have to return unsold flights and hotels to our suppliers approximately 12 weeks before departure and buying them back at a later date means a supplement may be incurred.

Feel free to keep asking for updates on the numbers - I certainly wouldn't want you to miss out.

Kindest regards,

Julia

karell01
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia

The flights are not direct. Is our luggage transferred for us from one flight to another or do we have to do that ourselves? Do you know the supplement for travelling in economy plus please? Are the people on this trip all sat together on the flights?

Many thanks.

Karen

karell01
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Could you tell me the cost of upgrades for the flights please?

Many thanks

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Karell01,

Sadly I don't have access to the system that has flight upgrades. For upgrade information you'll need to speak with one of our holiday advisors who will be able to look at this for you.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
'karell01' wrote:

Hi Julia

The flights are not direct. Is our luggage transferred for us from one flight to another or do we have to do that ourselves? Do you know the supplement for travelling in economy plus please? Are the people on this trip all sat together on the flights?

Many thanks.

Karen

Hi Karen,

Sorry for the delay - I needed to check this information with my colleagues in a different department.

So whilst the flights are indirect - you luggage will be checked straight through. I do always advise just double checking with the lady/gentleman behind the check-in desk who will confirm this.

In terms of the supplement, you will need to speak with a holiday advisor who will be able to answer this. We don't pre-book any of these seats so we have to request them from the airline.

Where possible we do try to seat our travellers together but this cannot be guaranteed. Some travellers choose to change their seat when they check in and others may be moved by the airline. We do try to accommodate customer requests so if when you book, ask the advisor to add a note to your booking that you would like to sit with fellow travellers, we will try and accommodate this.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Mick W
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

'karell01' wrote:

Hi Julia

Many thanks.

Karen

Hi Karen,

Sorry for the delay - I needed to check this information with my colleagues in a different department.

So whilst the flights are indirect - you luggage will be checked straight through. I do always advise just double checking with the lady/gentleman behind the check-in desk who will confirm this.

In terms of the supplement, you will need to speak with a holiday advisor who will be able to answer this. We don't pre-book any of these seats so we have to request them from the airline.

Where possible we do try to seat our travellers together but this cannot be guaranteed. Some travellers choose to change their seat when they check in and others may be moved by the airline. We do try to accommodate customer requests so if when you book, ask the advisor to add a note to your booking that you would like to sit with fellow travellers, we will try and accommodate this.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Karen,

My experience of America is that although your luggage is through checked you still have to collect and take it through customs then hand it in again at transfers (just follow "transfers" rather than exit and its usually straight away).

This is the rule in America because international flights are the only ones that land at the international terminal, where the connecting domestic flight will land at a domestic terminal which wont have customs.

1. Bag will be labelled to your final destination when checking in here (you will also get your boarding pass for both flights).

2. On arrival in the US you will go through security.

3. Collect your luggage from the carousel.

4. Follow signs for transfers and hand your luggage back in.

5. Proceed to terminal for the connecting flight.

Hope this helps.

Mick

ps: Its a holiday i'm considering but maybe later in the year, looks a great trip.

karell01
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia and Mick

Thank you both. The information is really helpful.

Mick - I'm definitely booking this for June so will let you know how it goes.

I have to say that being able to access this forum is really helpful. I'm a first time single traveller so everything is a bit daunting. Being able to ask questions on here as and when I think of them and to get reliable and helpful answers is a godsend.

Thank you.

Karen

Mick W
(Member)
'karell01' wrote:

Hi Julia and Mick

Thank you both. The information is really helpful.

Mick - I'm definitely booking this for June so will let you know how it goes.

I have to say that being able to access this forum is really helpful. I'm a first time single traveller so everything is a bit daunting. Being able to ask questions on here as and when I think of them and to get reliable and helpful answers is a godsend.

Thank you.

Karen

Karen,

Will look forward to reading your review, i've been to a few places you visit, reckon you will have a fantastic time.

Mick

AMG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia

Would you be able to give me the details of the number of travellers booked and age range for the 30 August departure on this tour please?

Many thanks

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi AMG,

At the moment there are 6 travellers booked on the 30th August departure with ages from early-60s through to mid-70s.

Kindest regards,

Julia

MARGARET GRIFFITHS
(Member)
Hi,

Have just booked on this Yosemite etc. trip. Had originally booked for April but unfortunately the trip was cancelled owing to lack of numbers.

Really looking forward to the May/June trip. See you at the airport

Margaret

karell01
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia

When will we know if this trip is definitely going. I work full time so holiday needs to be booked well in advance. I'm now booked on the May/June trip so if this is cancelled I can't go on the next one. What will happen then?

Regards

Karen

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Karen,

It hasn't been given the green light in the system just yet but the team are hopeful about this date as there are now 13 travellers booked.

I know this is a little vague but to explain further, this is a new tour for 2015 so where we would be able to refer to historic information about minimum numbers and when people are likely to book we simply don't have this data for this particular tour. There is a lot of number crunching going on at the moment, but like I mentioned - the team are feeling quite positive at the moment.

Kindest regards

Julia

karell01
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Julia

I'll keep fingers crossed then that it goes ahead. Do you know when we will know for definite?

Many thanks.

Karen

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Karen,

I too will keep my fingers crossed!

We aim to make decisions at the latest about 12 weeks before departure but give me a nudge every so often and I will happily give you an update on the numbers.

Kindest regards,

Julia

karell01
(Member) (Topic Starter)
HI Julia

Any further news on whether this tour is going ahead please? It's getting to the time when the balance has to be paid and I'd really like to know if its definite before paying it.

Also do you have any further information on the optional excursions please. i..e cost and whether they can be booked whilst on the tour.

Many thanks.

Karen

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Karen,

It doesn't have a green tick in the reservations system just yet. I am however aware that it was reviewed earlier today and provisionally been given the green light. If you want to give me a nudge early next week I should be able to give you the official thumbs up.

The team are just finalising all of the details for the optional excursions on this trip and should be ready in the next couple of weeks.

Kindest regards,

Julia