SteveW
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia,

I'm interested in doing this trip next year, but I'd like to do the trip mid September whilst the weathers still warm, flying from Manchester. The only Manchetser departure is at the end of October. I also see there isn't an option to book a connecting flight to the Heathrow flight as with other holidays. My question is would it be possible to book this holiday with a connecting flight from and return to Manchester via Just You for the mid september trip, please?

Thanks,

Steve

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steve,

I am led to believe that we should be able to organise a connecting flight from Manchester to Heathrow on the alternative dates for this particular tour. This isn't available online, so you would need to speak with one of our friendly holiday advisors should you wish to book.

Kindest regards,

Julia

SteveW
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Steve,

Get on the November trip, i know some cracking Pubs in Chicago & St Louis even better than the OK Coral in Sheridan. lol

Mick

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Steve,

Have just paid my deposit on the November trip, so now cast in stone.

Mick

SteveW
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mick,

I'm tempted but I wanted to go when the weather was a bit warmer and the days a bit longer.

Regards,

Steve

Jean77
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steve and Mick

I did a very similar trip with another company in early May this year. It was an amazing experience, and I would highly recommend, especially if you're a music fan. My trip was much the same price (with single supplement) but a day longer, AND I was able to fly to and from Glasgow saving the £150 connecting flight cost. We had a couple of days in Nashville which is missing from this tour...RCA Studio B, Grand Ole Opry, Country Music Hall of Fame. Also we travelled from Memphis to Hammond on the famous City of New Orleans Amtrak train (think Arlo Guthrie) and that was a great experience. But JY are including stuff which I didn't do so I am tempted. In fact Mick's offer of a grand tour of cracking pubs might just swing it!

Jean

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SteveW' wrote:

Hi Mick,

I'm tempted but I wanted to go when the weather was a bit warmer and the days a bit longer.

Regards,

Steve

Steve,

Know what you mean with the weather but Sept is hurricane season and I've twice missed going to New Orleans after booking for that reason (Katrina in 2005 & Gustav in 2008) both times september.

Be good to be on same hol again after this years trip.

Would be cold in Chicago in Nov but get warmer as we head south, be still up in 70's in New Orleans I would think. Did Memphis once in sept and the heat and humidity was overpowering.

Mick

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Jean77' wrote:

Hi Steve and Mick

I did a very similar trip with another company in early May this year. It was an amazing experience, and I would highly recommend, especially if you're a music fan. My trip was much the same price (with single supplement) but a day longer, AND I was able to fly to and from Glasgow saving the £150 connecting flight cost. We had a couple of days in Nashville which is missing from this tour...RCA Studio B, Grand Ole Opry, Country Music Hall of Fame. Also we travelled from Memphis to Hammond on the famous City of New Orleans Amtrak train (think Arlo Guthrie) and that was a great experience. But JY are including stuff which I didn't do so I am tempted. In fact Mick's offer of a grand tour of cracking pubs might just swing it!

Jean

Hi Jean,

Yes definately know my way around Chicago, love the place been 12 times I think now and will keep going back. Some cracking Irish Pubs and good music clubs (blues, Jazz, piano bars, etc). Doesn't even matter if its not music you like the standard is so high and the places friendly you'll still enjoy the night. On route 66 in 2012 took a few of the group out to a couple of cracking places on our spare night and they all loved it (even managed to get some free passes, lol).

Have been to St Louis & Memphis but a long time ago and always said I'd go back sometime. Did stop mat St Louis on route 66 but hotel was too far out of town so not good for getting to the good places.

However checking the hotels on this trip all the hotels are in the city centres and walkable to some of my favorite places to eat, drink and be entertained with live music.

To me thats as much part of the holiday as the touring bit, can sleep when I get home.

Mick

Jean77
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mick, I loved Chicago too and I'm really keen to go back. I suppose my problem is do I want to spend so much money doing a trip I've already done (almost) or should I try something else. Watch this space.

Jean

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Jean77' wrote:

Mick, I loved Chicago too and I'm really keen to go back. I suppose my problem is do I want to spend so much money doing a trip I've already done (almost) or should I try something else. Watch this space.

Jean

Jean,

Know what you mean, loads of places I want to go but this is a trip thats more an ambition.

Hope you do decide to come along as it sounds like you'll fit right in with "night out" gang visiting all the music clubs.

Mick

Bosuncat
(Member)
I would love to do this trip if I could get that amount of time of work (which I couldn't :(). I've been to Chicago but only briefly on a side trip from Michigan. The weather was wonderful for us at the beginning of October and I remember all the museums.

Springfield would be of huge interest to me because of Lincoln.

Rosie9
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, Can you please let me know how many at the moment are booked on this trip for 20th Oct 2014 flying from Manchester, I have booked, on this, as it is the only one from Manchester., hoping it will be popular.
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rosie9

At the moment there are seven of you booked on this tour - given that it is almost a year away I would say this looks like it might be a popular one.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Rosie9
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Rosie9

At the moment there are seven of you booked on this tour - given that it is almost a year away I would say this looks like it might be a popular one.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia, Thanks for your help.

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello all,

Looking at September but also maybe changing job so difficult to book at the moment. Like Mick, I was in New Orleans as Hurricane Ike hit. Gustav had already left a lot of flooding and cranky alligators in the Bayou, so we were curtailled somewhat. Bourbon Street with 50 mph winds as Hurricane Ike swept past was scary. Ruined the end of our trip and had to come back from Atlanta instead of Houston.

Jan.

Jfach
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rosie9

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi

Just seen post from Rosie9, I'm also flying from Manchester on this trip.

Jfach x

Rosie9
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jafch,

This should be a wonderful trip, I am so much looking forward to it, always wanted to visit Chicago, also Memphis and New Orleans, the trip on the Mississipi, sounds great.

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have booked the November 3rd trip due to Micks' influence. I went on the jazz cruise trip just after Hurricane Ike- beautiful electrical storm that lit up the sky and pouring with rain. On the bottom deck open to the elements sheltered by the deck above right next to the engine room. Very surreal, a great memory.

Jan.

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'janib' wrote:

I have booked the November 3rd trip due to Micks' influence. I went on the jazz cruise trip just after Hurricane Ike- beautiful electrical storm that lit up the sky and pouring with rain. On the bottom deck open to the elements sheltered by the deck above right next to the engine room. Very surreal, a great memory.

Jan.

Jan,

With both of us having a history of attracting hurricanes its proberly a good job we are not going in September, should be ok by november though. :thumbup:

Mick