SDW
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

As I have a lot of euros left from an earlier trip, can you tell me if they will be accepted in Prague & Budapest and if not how much should I allow for lunches in these two countries?

Are there many on the tour in June and what is the rate of m/f and the age group?

many thanks

SDW

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi SDW

You may find that the euro is sometimes accepted in these countries but I would use the local currencies as it might be frustrating to have your euros refused in some situations. For Hungary you will need the Florint and for Czech Republic, the Koruna. I would budget around £10-15 for each lunch.

One good option might be to take your bank debit card and withdraw local currency from the ATMs as and when you need it. Just remember to let your bank know if you plan to do this.

Your trip is now fully booked with 35 people travelling. There will be 30 women and five men, with an age range of mid 30s to early 80s.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

SDW
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Olly' wrote:

Hi SDW

You may find that the euro is sometimes accepted in these countries but I would use the local currencies as it might be frustrating to have your euros refused in some situations. For Hungary you will need the Florint and for Czech Republic, the Koruna. I would budget around £10-15 for each lunch.

One good option might be to take your bank debit card and withdraw local currency from the ATMs as and when you need it. Just remember to let your bank know if you plan to do this.

Your trip is now fully booked with 35 people travelling. There will be 30 women and five men, with an age range of mid 30s to early 80s.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Olly

many thanks for your reply so soon but can you also tell me if theses hotels provide a hairdrier in the rooms?

what is the approximate cost of the 'evening transfer' into town?

are drinks and the cost of living expensive in these countries?

sorry to be a nuisance but am getting quite nervous as well as looking forward to this break.

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello SDW

Quite a few of our hotels do provide hairdryers but this isn't something we can guarantee, so if this is important to you I would recommend packing a small travel hairdryer and the appropriate adapter.

The price of the evening transfer into town depends how many people want to take advantage of it but as a guideline, it will be about 15 Euros per person.

The Czech Republic and Hungary aren't very expensive countries but they aren't cheap either. Your breakfast and dinner is included on most days so you will need spending money for lunches, drinks, souvenirs and other expenses you would normally have.

I'm sure you'll have a great holiday - all three cities are beautiful and have so much history.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

SDW
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Olly, thanks for your help, but can you please tell me from what time is the rep at Heathrow to meet us, as my bus gets in a good 2hours before check in time and it would be nice to talk to someone also who is our tour manager going to be? sorry to be a nuisance.
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi SDW

Your airport rep will normally be there when check-in opens but not before. If you have some time to spare before check-in opens, you might like to try contacting other travellers through the Community - maybe others are getting there early too. Failing that, I would have a look at the shops or find a nice cafe or restaurant. I'm sure the time will pass quickly enough.

Your tour manager is Karolina Zadrazilova, and she will meet you at the airport in Prague.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

SylviaJ
(Member)
'SDW' wrote:

Olly, thanks for your help, but can you please tell me from what time is the rep at Heathrow to meet us, as my bus gets in a good 2hours before check in time and it would be nice to talk to someone also who is our tour manager going to be? sorry to be a nuisance.

Hi SDW

I did this tour last Sept. I always arrive at the airport early and have so far found a JY rep floating about ready to assist you so don't panic, just look out for the turquoise clipboard.

Enjoy your trip.

Sylvia

BobD12
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, I'm booked in on this trip departing London in Aug, any idea how many people are currently booked and what the name of the Tour Manager might be?
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob

Your tour manager will be Jana Martinikova and there will be 35 people on your holiday.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

g27
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Olly' wrote:

Hi Bob

Your tour manager will be Jana Martinikova and there will be 35 people on your holiday.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Jana is the best tour manager I've met to date and made this holiday a real joy. I hope she and her 'oma' are well.

Hoops
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Olly, Can you tell me what part of spain are the walking hols and when do they go. Vanessa
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Vanessa

We have three Spain holidays - Treasures of Andalucia, Discover Mallorca and Highlights of Catalonia & Barcelona - but I wouldn't say any of them were walking holidays.

We do offer Walking in the Ahr Valley, in Germany. Let me know if you would like more information on any of these.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor