Mausie
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Cheryl,

I'm seriously thinking of booking the above cruise for next November but wondered if you could tell me what the weather is usually like at that time of the year. Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Do you know of anyone else who has booked this holiday?

Thanks.

Mausie

Cheryl- your editor
(Member)
Hi Maureen,

The climate in both Florida and the Bahamas is hot and tropical, however is not peaking at it shottest in November so you have picked a great choice!!

The Bahamas is hot throughout the year with November boasting temperatures of between 22-25 degrees. Rainfall is low, however there is still a chance of a storm or two.

Florida is pretty similar, it may feel a little more humid though. Make sure you pack some sun cream as florida can often be hazy but you can still get burnt!

I would take light, comfortable clothing such as shorts, T-shirts, linen trousers, skirts amd flip flops....and dont forget your swimming costume!

The Bahamas and Florida both accept American Dollars so there will be no confusion between the two.

There is an included trip to Busch Garden whilst you are in Florida. This is an excellent day out. There is a zoo with all types of wildlife, including snakes and tropical birds.

Be sure to check out the Rhino Rally, this takes you on a 4x4 rally where you can witness Rhinos upclose. Take the Serengete train that takes you from one end of the park to the other (this is good if you are tired of walking) it runs all through the day and lets you see the park from start to finish. Myombe reserve is where all the Apes live. This is amazing to see so please dont miss this out. It also cools you down with a cool misty spray as you walk through.

On the spare day, I am sure you will want to chill out....but if not there is plenty more to do. You could visit the Old Florida Museum (about $6.00 each) or travel to Universal Studios in Orlando(about £40.00), you will have to arrange your own transport, but your tour manager will be happy to look into this for you. From past experiences, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure is a must for the big kid in you!

You will also be travelling to St Augustine. For something to do there is the St Augustine outlet centre. This is a huge mall that stocks everything from clothes to toiletries to toys to gifts. So a perfect oportunity to get all your prezzies for back home.

Whilst on your cruise, you can take the oportunity to chill out for the last part of your holiday after all that sighseeing!!!

I hope all this information has helped. If I can help you with anything else, please let me know....I just wish I was coming!

Kind regards,

Cheryl, your editor

Mausie
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Cheryl

Thanks very much for all the helpful information. I have now actually booked this for next November, albeit a long way off but something to look forward to. I'm also meeting up the night before with fellow travellers so, hopefully, will start making new friends then. Perhaps at some stage you could let me know how many will be going on this trip. On average how many do you usually get?

Anyway, once again Cheryl, thanks for all your help.

Best wishes

Maureen

Cheryl- your editor
(Member)
Hi Maureen,

So glad to hear you have booked. I hope you have a really great time....I am sure you will!

I have had a look for you, at the moment there are only a couple booked so far. This doesnt suprise me though, as it is a while away yet.

There are a total of 30 spaces on this holiday, this is a great number...not too big, not too small!

If there is anything else you would like to know, please let me know.

Warm wishes,

Cheryl, your editor