ksf1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I had been thinking about this holiday for a while and just by chance, phoned to see what the booking numbers were like. So glad I did as the November departure is fully booked and there were only 6 places left for October, so I'm booked for 7th of October,

I have trawled through the community and there are no threads for the October departure so have started this thread to see if any fellow travellers are on here.

Keith

wensco
(Member)
Hi Keith. I am also going on the October departure. Really looking forward to it. I am not doing Easter Island though. Due to lack of holiday at work. Wendy
pat534
(Member)
Just booked this trip today for February 2020.so looking forward. Hope you enjoy the October one
ksf1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'wensco' wrote:

Hi Keith. I am also going on the October departure. Really looking forward to it. I am not doing Easter Island though. Due to lack of holiday at work. Wendy

Hi Wendy, I'm really looking forward to it to (although not to paying the balance though). I have done quite a few tours and everyone seems to say that this is the best3

keith

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pat

Look forward to seeing you in February 2020. Wendy and Keith have a lovely time in October and do write a review on return.

Regards

Jaya

wensco
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Pat

Look forward to seeing you in February 2020.  Wendy and Keith have a lovely time in October and do write a review on return.

Regards

Jaya

Hi Jaya...yes will definitely do a write up

Wendy

wensco
(Member)
'ksf1' wrote:

'wensco' wrote:

Hi Wendy, I'm really looking forward to it to (although not to paying the balance though). I have done quite a few tours and everyone seems to say that this is the best3

keith

Yes Keith...it's quite a balance but hopefully will be worth the money. Went to Antarctica and that was pretty amazing but sure Patagonia will be a close 2nd

Sally W
(Member)
'ksf1' wrote:

I had been thinking about this holiday for a while and just by chance, phoned to see what the booking numbers were like. So glad I did as the November departure is fully booked and there were only 6 places left for October, so I'm booked for 7th of October,

I have trawled through the community and there are no threads for the October departure so have started this thread to see if any fellow travellers are on here.

Keith

Sally W
(Member)
'ksf1' wrote:

Keith

Hi Keith I am going to Chile in October and doing the Easter Island add-on.  I am really looking forward to the trip.

ksf1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Nice to hear from you Sally, Hopefully it will be a bit of trip of a lifetime
DavidG
(Member)
Glowing reviews encouraged me to consider this. Looks amazing. I have made a provisional booking for November 2020 subject to cost of flight upgrade. Anyone able to give some guidance of costs?
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi David,

It's nearly two years since I went, so it is hard to remember.  Most meals are included and I tend to bring too much cash, just to be on the safe side.  You can always use ATMs if need be, this wasn't a problem even on Easter Island!!  I would definitely bring at least £500 in cash and your debit and credit cards.  Many people these days get a currency card, which is like a debit card and you can pre-load it with a certain amount before you travel and use it on subsequent holidays if needed.  Obviously it depends on whether you like a few drinks with your meals and/or to buy souvenirs how much you bring.  Advice from top TM Patrick Twomey - never bother about changing money before you travel (unless, of course, you are going to a major country like the US or Canada etc.) and change it when you get there.  You will almost always get a better rate in resort.

Any other questions I'd be happy to answer them.  This tour is still my all-time favourite and I wonder will anything ever top it!

Cheers,

Bob

ksf1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have upgraded David, but LATAM are apparently a bit slow in coming up with the prices. I got mine upgraded to Business Class for just under £4K which includes 6 flights, London, Soa Paulo, Santiago, Easter Island and all back again. The remaining flights are economy but they are short haul and there is no business class option.

You need to look at the seat configuration on "Seat Guru" as although they are flat beds the window and middle seats do not have direct aisle access in this configuration unless you can do a slow motion hurdle type move.

However, reviews about the rest of the services are good and price wise very competitive and worth it to me. One other bit of advice is you cant choose your seats online but have to ring customer services, the whole thing was problematic until I finally spoke to a lovely lady that sorted me out. Message me if you want more details

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Keith

Did you do the upgrade directly with LATAM or via Just You?

Regards

Jaya

ksf1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jaya,

I upgraded with JY. I have only once tried to upgrade directly with am airline and would be interested to know how easy it is.

I have done the same with Solos and Cox and Kings. The one time I tried to use my Virgin Air miles to upgrade the airline told me it wouldn't be possible due to the type off ticket that had been purchased and I would have to go through the travel company.

I guess the travel company are able to get tickets cheaper than we can

Regards

Keith

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Keith. I have only ever upgraded to Premium Economy - not sure I can afford Business Class!

Regards

Jaya

wensco
(Member)
Hi Can you update me on the number of people on this trip and the tour leader if decided yet?

Getting excited now

Many thanks

Wendy

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Wendy,

There are 24 people on this trip, 1 man and 23 ladies. Their ages range from early 50s to early 80s.

Your Tour Manager will be Brian Croft.

Have a fantastic trip! 😃

Many thanks,

Vickie

SylviaJ
(Member)
'DavidG' wrote:

Glowing reviews encouraged me to consider this. Looks amazing. I have made a provisional booking for November 2020 subject to cost of flight upgrade. Anyone able to give some guidance of costs?

Hi DavidG

I'm booked on the November 2019 tour and the upgrade quote I received for flights is £4700 (LHR to Santiago via Sao Paulo and Sao Paulo to LHR = three flights).  Fellow travellers have quotes for the same cost for five flights and £2600 for five flights.  Keith (ksf1 in this chain) has paid under £4K for six flights.

There's a huge discrepancy between these quotes and I asked the JY editor a question a couple of weeks ago but the message appears to have vanished into the ether.

Needless to say, I have not agreed to pay an upgrade cost of £4700 for three flights.

Good luck....

Regards

Sylvia

wensco
(Member)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Wendy,

There are 24 people on this trip, 1 man and 23 ladies. Their ages range from early 50s to early 80s.

Your Tour Manager will be Brian Croft.

Have a fantastic trip! 😃

Many thanks,

Vickie