Dory
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello, this will be my third trip with JY, first long haul. I've read the past reviews & it sounds an excellent trip, I'm very excited! Just wondered if anyone else is going from Heathrow on this date & wanted to get in touch? I'm hoping the fall colours will be out but I'm aware this can't be guaranteed.

Helen  :shy:

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Helen

I have done two fall tours with JY, never have managed the full fall colours, but great tours both times. Try and do all you can while your away. I did do the New York add on as there were things I wanted to do on my own. If you have any specific questions just ask.

Cindy

Sue74
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Dory' wrote:

Hello, this will be my third trip with JY, first long haul. I've read the past reviews & it sounds an excellent trip, I'm very excited! Just wondered if anyone else is going from Heathrow on this date & wanted to get in touch? I'm hoping the fall colours will be out but I'm aware this can't be guaranteed.

Hi Helen, I'm booked on the same holiday and also flying from Heathrow! It's my first ever JY holiday so excited and slightly nervous at the same time. I posted back in March/April looking to find anyone on the same holiday. I got a few replies but only from people who had been on this trip before. 

I'm only doing the 12 days (no New York add on) but I have opted to go up the CN Tower. How about you?

Sue

ChrissieR66
(Member)
'Dory' wrote:

Oh I'm going out of Heathrow on this trip on the 30th Sept, so will be hot on your heels! Hope you have a great time.

Happy travels

Chrissie

Sue74
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Helen, just realised that I may not have been as clear as I could have been in my reply. I too am flying out of Heathrow on September 25th. So looking forward to it. Hope you see this before we fly!
Dory
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Sue74' wrote:

'Dory' wrote:

Hi Helen, I'm booked on the same holiday and also flying from Heathrow! It's my first ever JY holiday so excited and slightly nervous at the same time. I posted back in March/April looking to find anyone on the same holiday. I got a few replies but only from people who had been on this trip before. 

I'm only doing the 12 days (no New York add on) but I have opted to go up the CN Tower. How about you?

Sue

Hi Sue,

Sorry for the delay, I've only just seen your reply!

I'm also just doing the 12 days & have booked the CN tower & also Cape Cod. I would also like to do the helicopter over Niagara so hope the weather is good that day! I'd really like to do the boat trip at Niagara too but not sure if there is time to do everything, I hope so.

Not long now, exciting!

Helen  🙂

Sue74
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Helen, yes we certainly are packing a lot into 12 days. Can't wait. I've been on a countdown since I booked it back in February and now it's only 3 weeks away!
Jackie Niven
(Member)
'Dory' wrote:

Hi Dory and Helen, I am going on that date too and very much looking forward to it. This will be my 3rd trip with JY and as a solo traveller so still a wee bit nervous about travelling on my own. I'm coming down from Glasgow the day before and staying with relatives not far from the airport. I have never been to T5 in Heathrow before so it would be good to meet others also on the flight.

Jackie

Sue74
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jackie, I live in Norwich but too have family near (ish) by. I've never flown from any of the Heathrow terminals so all new to me too! Still so excited. Less than 2 weeks to go. Yay!

This is my first trip with JY but good to see that people are on 3rd trips - must be good!

Hopefully we'll be able to recognise each other by the JY luggage tags ;-)

Sue

Dory
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Sue74' wrote:

Hi Jackie, I live in Norwich but too have family near (ish) by. I've never flown from any of the Heathrow terminals so all new to me too! Still so excited. Less than 2 weeks to go. Yay!

This is my first trip with JY but good to see that people are on 3rd trips - must be good!

Hopefully we'll be able to recognise each other by the JY luggage tags ;-)

Sue

Hi Sue & Jackie, terminal 5 will be new to me too. I'm staying at a hotel at Heathrow the night before we travel as I worry about the traffic! I'm a bit disappointed today to receive a letter from JY saying that we are no longer going to have use of the executive lounge before our flight, due to unavailability. We have been refunded £25. I looked to see if I was able to book the lounge independently & it appears we can but it costs £35. I'm not sure whether to or not as I'd like to be able to meet other JY travellers before we fly. 

Not long now!

Helen  🙂

Quote:

Sue74
  • (Member)
(Member)
Yep, I got the same letter and refund. It would appear that it's not just us that's affected as someone else has posted about this too. They're doing the same trip but must be one of the earlier ones. Disappointing, but as I've never had use of an airport lounge I guess I won't know what I'm missing ?
Sue74
  • (Member)
(Member)
Limited to how much I can type on my phone...guess we'll just have to find each other loitering around somewhere....