Liz Moran
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Y'all!

My name is Liz Moran. I am the Tour Manager on this fun trip! 

A little bit about me ... I'm a Yank! I lived in Los Angeles for 35 years, so I know every pothole in the 'hood. California is a very beautiful and diverse state. You'll see the desert, the mountains, the coast, small towns and big cities. As great as the Golden State is (California's nickname for both the discovery of gold in 1848 and the golden poppy, the state flower), I needed a change and moved to Arizona last year. Now, instead of police helicopters, traffic and the collective sounds of 4 million people, I hear howling coyotes! In fact, your first overnight at the Carefree Resort in Carefree is just a couple miles down the road from my new home in Cave Creek! Wait till you see all the magnificent saugaro cacti in the area! Before we reach California, we'll travel to Sedona and the Grand Canyon in Arizona, and Las Vegas in Nevada. 

I've been a Tour Manager for many years, and am blessed to have found my passion and calling. I get paid to see the world, but more importantly, it's meeting and getting to know all of YOU that I enjoy the most!

As of today (April 23) we have 33 passengers -- 12 men and 21 ladies!

Fun times coming!

Liz

Patches
(Member)
Hi Liz

My name is Isobel and I am very nearly confirmed on this trip - just 4 hotels to confirm they have space for me - and I am so hoping to go.   This will be my very first solo trip and my first with JY so apprehensive but so looking forward to it.   Hope to get the chance to meet you.

Isobel

Liz Moran
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I hope you'll be able to join us, Isobel. Fingers crossed.

No reason to be apprehensive. You're in the same boat (or bus!) with everyone else! You won't ever feel alone, and you'll make 30+ new friends ... and me 🙂

Patches
(Member)
Hi Liz it's all been confirmed and I am joining you.   Thanks for the reassurance.   Looking forward to meeting you.

Isobel

ALI49
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Liz

My name is Alison and this will be my first time in the USA and on a solo holiday. I am wondering what kind of clothes to bring. I have looked at the temperatures and it seems that it will be quite hot the first half of the tour then it will get cooler for the second half. Looking forward to meeting you soon.

Alison

Liz Moran
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Alison:

Arizona and Las Vegas are HOT. The temps vary in California. It tends to be cooler in the north (up by San Francisco) and warmer as we head south. In California it's always cool in the evening. Dress in layers. You'll need shorts, pants, t-shirts and a long-sleeved shirt, sweater and light jacket. Sneakers and sandals. And a hat! Don't over pack!!! You can buy stuff along the way. Both AZ and CA are very casual. No need for dressy clothes.

Some hotels will have coin-operated laundry machines. But, frankly, you'll probably be too tuckered to do laundry in the evening. A lot of passengers bring detergent (buy the powder kind and store it in a DOUBLE zip lock bag) and wash their undies at night.

See you soon!

Liz