SmileDog
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there

my name is Susie and I have just booked this tour.  I am new to Just You but am a fairly seasoned solo traveller since I lost my partner 6 years ago.   Usually I just book a flight and hotel and go, then sort out trips and tours when I get to my destination, but this tour looked appealing.

Anyone on this forum also going?   Also I would welcome info on how these tours are run etc.  I am assuming we make our way to the airport and meet up there? 

Does anyone know the actual time of the departure of the flight for this holiday? l will be coming to Heathrow from Scotland so need to know this.  

For those of you who have been on previous tours you might be able to advise me if we can usually book a specific seat on our scheduled flight with the airline...I always need an aisle seat as I am usually up and down to go to the loo and stretch me auld legs, so dont want to disturb others etc.   

I know these seem like fairly  trivial questions and I am not really a fussy person....I am very excited to be going on this holiday, meeting new people and seeing the sights

Best Wishes

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Susie

Welcome from a fellow Scot! I have not done this tour but have been travelling with JY since 2010. I have been to China, USA twice, India twice and Apulia in Italy. Have two trips- Croatia and Sicily booked for this year as a family wedding ruled out a long haul holiday this year I have enjoyed all my trips but Spirit of India remains my favourite. Have met a lot of interesting people and remain in contact with some.

You will probably find that you have an overnight flight which makes it easier to organise a connecting flight. I usually fly from Edinburgh and organize my own flights. If you post a question re flights on the "ask the editor" section Monty will give you details of flights.

Have a great holiday.

Lesley

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Susie

First of all a big Welcome. I have not yet been on this holiday, but plan to do it within the next couple of days. To date I have been on 12 Just You holidays and each one has been a great experience. Travelling with Just You is stress free as everything is taken care of. You just have to sit back, relax and enjoy yourself! You make your own way to the airport and usually there is a Just You representative to help you check in. Keep a lookout of Green Just You labels on luggage to spot your fellow travellers. Usually on long haul flights, Just You provide with a lounge voucher and if this is the case then you should meet your fellow travellers in the lounge if you have not met any whilst checking in. As for specific seats, this is not always guaranteed. I usually request an Aisle seat at the time of the booking and there have been occasions when I have arrived at the airport only to find that a window seat has been allocated to me. On these occasions I try to change at the check-in counter and have been lucky so far. I need an aisle seat for health reasons, especially on long haul flights. Short haul flights are okay. Or you can try and swap with one of your fellow travellers! The flight times should be on your booking confirmation, but the actual times will only be known when you get your final confirmation. You can always call customer services to find out. I wish you a wonderful holiday and do let us know how you got on once you return. I am going to South Africa with Zambia add -on in September.

Jaya

SmileDog
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Ilesley07' wrote:

Hi Susie

Welcome from a fellow Scot! I have not done this tour but have been travelling with JY since 2010. I have been to China, USA twice, India twice and Apulia in Italy. Have two trips- Croatia and Sicily booked for this year as a family wedding ruled out a long haul holiday this year  I have enjoyed all my trips but Spirit of India remains my favourite. Have met a lot of interesting people and remain in contact with some.

You will probably find that you have an overnight flight which makes it easier to organise a connecting flight. I usually fly from Edinburgh and organize my own flights. If you post a question re flights on the "ask the editor" section Monty will give you details of flights.

Have a great holiday.

Lesley

Thank you So much for your reply - I have since received an email advising me my flight is at 2.45 so I will go down on the train the day before etc... I am in Dumfries & Galloway so it's as easy to go down on the train as to get to either Edinburgh or Glasgow airport. India is next on my list of go to places so good to hear it's your favourite.

Happy holidays

Susie

SmileDog
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Susie

First of all a big Welcome.  I have not yet been on this holiday, but plan to do it within the next couple of days.  To date I have been on 12 Just You holidays and each one has been a great experience.  Travelling with Just You is stress free as everything is taken care of.  You just have to sit back, relax and enjoy yourself!  You make your own way to the airport and usually there is a Just You representative to help you check in.  Keep a lookout of Green Just You labels on luggage to spot your fellow travellers.  Usually on long haul flights, Just You provide with a lounge voucher and if this is the case then you should meet your fellow travellers in the lounge if you have not met any whilst checking in. As for specific seats, this is not always guaranteed.  I usually request an Aisle seat at the time of the booking and there have been occasions when I have arrived at the airport only to find that a window seat has been allocated to me.   On these occasions I try to change at the check-in counter and have been lucky so far.  I need an aisle seat for health reasons, especially on long haul flights.  Short haul flights are okay.  Or you can try and swap with one of your fellow travellers!  The flight times should be on your booking confirmation, but the actual times will only be known when you get your final confirmation.  You can always call customer services to find out.  I wish you a wonderful holiday and do let us know how you got on once you return.  I am going to South Africa with Zambia add -on in September.

Jaya 

Hi Jaya

Many thanks for your reply, you have told me all I need to know!  It's great to hear you have so much experience and have enjoyed it all. I kind of thought we wouldn't always be guaranteed our choice of seat, I just always worry about having to clamber over people, having had a bad experience on a flight to San Francisco, when people were very rude to me when I had to go to the toilet ha ha, never mind, I shall follow it up. I will be going down to Heathrow the day before so will be nice and relaxed for the flight.

I will certainly let you know how the holiday goes, hope you enjoy South Africa 

Best regards

Susie

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Susie

Sorry about your bad experience. There is no need for anyone to be rude . If the people were rude to you, then you should have asked them to swap seats! Hopefully you will get an aisle seat and enjoy the flights. Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam is on my list and hopefully I will be able to do this trip in the near future.

Jaya