sylvieann
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all

Has anyone done the excursion St Moritz and the Bernina Express on the Lake Como Holiday? I going to Lake Como this June and I was wondering what this trip was like. I know this might sound silly but do I need to pack extra warm clothes for this trip to St Moritz? Any advice and tips would be helpful.

Sylvie

:)

turnke
(Member)
'sylvieann' wrote:

Hi all

Has anyone done the excursion St Moritz and the Bernina Express on the Lake Como Holiday? I going to Lake Como this June and I was wondering what this trip was like. I know this might sound silly but do I need to pack extra warm clothes for this trip to St Moritz? Any advice and tips would be helpful.

Sylvie

I went on the Bernina Express about 3 years ago,and have visited Switzerland several times,you need to dress in layers,a sweater and/or a light jacket,it is generally not cold during the summer. Although another time visiting Zermatt,I had been told it was always sunny and warm so didn't dress particularly warmly and got caught out by bad weather.The few hours,in St Moritz,were warm enough to eat lunch in the open,but,there was a rain shower later.The train journey is spectacular as it works its way from Italy to St.Moritz,as the line switches back and forth,both sides of the carriage get the views.

sylvieann
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'turnke' wrote:

'sylvieann' wrote:

Hi all

Sylvie

I went on the Bernina Express about 3 years ago,and have visited Switzerland several times,you need to dress in layers,a sweater and/or a light jacket,it is generally not cold during the summer. Although another time visiting Zermatt,I had been told it was always sunny and warm so didn't dress particularly warmly and got caught out by bad weather.The few hours,in St Moritz,were warm enough to eat lunch in the open,but,there was a rain shower later.The train journey is spectacular as it works its way from Italy to St.Moritz,as the line switches back and forth,both sides of the carriage get the views.

🙂 Thanks Turnke your information about St Moritz and Bernina Express have been very helpful. 

Cheryl68
(Member)
',sylvieann' wrote:

Hi all

Sylvie

Hi Sylvie 

I have just joined this community so am very new and have just booked my first holiday for the 6/6 to Lake Como and have booked that trip so am interested in your replies. Feeling very nervous book glad I took the plunge as it looks beautiful. Would be good to hear if your the same June date 

Cheryl

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sylvieann' wrote:

Hi all

Sylvie

Hi Sylvie,

I am not on this trip but i have had my eye on this trip (along with other Italian trips) for a while! Please do write a review on your return- i would love to hear what you think.

Thanks

Mark

sylvieann
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Cheryl68' wrote:

',sylvieann' wrote:

Hi all

Sylvie

Hi Sylvie 

I have just joined this community so am very new and have just booked my first holiday for the 6/6 to Lake Como and have booked that trip so am interested in your replies. Feeling very nervous book glad I took the plunge as it looks beautiful. Would be good to hear if your the same June date 

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl

Good for you for taking the plunge, I know it is not easy and this will only be my second holiday with JY after losing my husband a few years ago. I was very very nervous the first time I went on my own but I had a fabulous time and met some lovely people from all walks of life. I'm going on the 13th which is a shame as otherwise we could of met at Heathrow to support each other. Maybe you could put a message on the community and see if any body else is going on the same day and meet up at Heathrow, that's what I did and it help, and I will be doing the same nearer my holiday date. Lake Como looks beautiful and I'm looking forward to see some more of the country as I love Italy. I wish you good luck on your first trip.

Sylvie

sylvieann
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'marks' wrote:

'sylvieann' wrote:

Hi all

Sylvie

Hi Sylvie,

I am not on this trip but i have had my eye on this trip (along with other Italian trips) for a while! Please do write a review on your return- i would love to hear what you think.

Thanks

Mark

:)   Will do Mark....so looking forward to this holiday, very nervous as this will be my second holiday on my own but counting down the days.

Sylvie