vmax
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Booked this trip, just wondered how many others have too.

Mike

(Member)
Hi Mike,

I can tell you that you will be joined by 13 other travellers.

Kindest regards,

Monty

vmax
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Monty,

Has anyone started a post for this trip? Don't check the site very often, so I may be missing out!

Happy Holiday,

Mike

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mike,

I hope you had a lovely Christmas.

Looking through the boards, this is the only thread for this departure so hopefully any of your fellow travellers will see this post and make contact with you.

It is worth noting that not all of our customers use the community so please don't be disheartened if you don't hear from others. Just make sure you have your Just You luggage tags on show when you arrive at the airport so that others in your group can spot you!

Kindest regards,

Julia

penny carter
(Member)
Hi Mike,

Just to say that I'm also booked on this holiday on May 16th and I shall be flying from Heathrow. It'll be my 6th Just You holiday and I can't wait!

vmax
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'penny wrote:

Hi Mike,

Just to say that I'm also booked on this holiday on May 16th and I shall be flying from Heathrow. It'll be my 6th Just You holiday and I can't wait!

Hi Penny,

I will also be flying from Heathrow, first time with Just You and the USA.

penny carter
(Member)
'vmax' wrote:

'penny wrote:

Hi Mike,

Hi Penny,

I will also be flying from Heathrow, first time with Just You and the USA.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting back. I've been to this part of the USA before many years ago but looking forward to seeing more of the area. 'Just You' are a great company so I'm sure you'll have a good time! First trip is always the most nerve-racking but you'll be fine and despite being to many countries, the USA is still my favourite so I think you've made a good choice!

vmax
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Mike,

I hope you had a lovely Christmas.

Looking through the boards, this is the only thread for this departure so hopefully any of your fellow travellers will see this post and make contact with you.

It is worth noting that not all of our customers use the community so please don't be disheartened if you don't hear from others. Just make sure you have your Just You luggage tags on show when you arrive at the airport so that others in your group can spot you!

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia,

Thanks for the feedback, is it possible to upgrade my flight seats? If so, when and how?

Regards,

Mike

(Member)
HI Mike.

I would suggest giving our Holiday Advisors a call as they will be able to give you all the information you're after, including availability and prices.

Kindest regards,

Monty

kpdl
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All

I did this trip in May last year. It was my first JY trip and I had a fantastic time.

I went to amazing places and met lovely people. Six of us had a reunion just before Christmas;).

You will have a great time. Our tour manager was Stephen Rodaway and he was excellent.

I've got the JY bug now..... I'm off to Australia & New Zealand in March.

One tip, if you want to visit Alcatraz when you're in San Francisco (it is worth it) you'll need to book in advance as they book up. Three of us went (we booked online, myself and another lady coordinated times via this forum and the other lady had coincidentally booked the same time!) but several people want to go but couldn't get tickets.

You do get free time in San Fran (ask Monty which day). If you're staying at the Zephyr it is only a short walk to Pier 39(? I think ) for the ferry to Alcatraz.

Any other questions just ask.

Karen

vmax
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator' wrote:

HI Mike.

I would suggest giving our Holiday Advisors a call as they will be able to give you all the information you're after, including availability and prices.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Thanks Monty

vmax
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'kpdl' wrote:

Hi All

I did this trip in May last year. It was my first JY trip and I had a fantastic time.

I went to amazing places and met lovely people. Six of us had a reunion just before Christmas;).

You will have a great time. Our tour manager was Stephen Rodaway and he was excellent.

I've got the JY bug now..... I'm off to Australia & New Zealand in March.

One tip, if you want to visit Alcatraz when you're in San Francisco (it is worth it) you'll need to book in advance as they book up. Three of us went (we booked online, myself and another lady coordinated times via this forum and the other lady had coincidentally booked the same time!) but several people want to go but couldn't get tickets.

You do get free time in San Fran (ask Monty which day). If you're staying at the Zephyr it is only a short walk to Pier 39(? I think ) for the ferry to Alcatraz.

Any other questions just ask.

Karen

Thanks for the useful info Karen.

Mike

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I agree with Karen. Stephen Rodaway is an excellent tour manager. We had him when I went to Kerala last November.

Jaya

ALI49
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I am thinking about booking this trip it will be my first time away on my own. A bit worried about travelling but I guess you need to take the plunge to get your confidence up. It is good to know there will be a good sized group. I will be phoning up to ask questions I have a few of them and then I will be booking it up. I have not been to USA before so really looking forward to it.:)
kpdl
  • (Member)
(Member)
'ALI49' wrote:

Hi I am thinking about booking this trip it will be my first time away on my own. A bit worried about travelling but I guess you need to take the plunge to get your confidence up. It is good to know there will be a good sized group. I will be phoning up to ask questions I have a few of them and then I will be booking it up. I have not been to USA before so really looking forward to it.:)

You'll have a fantastic time, it was my first JU trip and I had a ball.

xx

vmax
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Great to see I'm not on my own here! :thumbup: Looking forward to meeting everyone.:)

Mike

karell01
(Member)
I did this trip with Karen last year. Also my first with JY and had an amazing time. I've booked to go to Cambodia in November with two other people who were on the trip.

Karen - hope you're keeping well and enjoy your trip to Australia/New Zealand.

Karen.

kpdl
  • (Member)
(Member)
'karell01' wrote:

I did this trip with Karen last year. Also my first with JY and had an amazing time. I've booked to go to Cambodia in November with two other people who were on the trip.

Karen - hope you're keeping well and enjoy your trip to Australia/New Zealand.

Karen.

Hi Karen

Great to hear from you on the forum ( I don't come on much!). I'm fine thanks. .getting very excited about my trip. Hope you're ok.

Have an amazing time in Cambodia. ... that one's on my list!

Karen

ALI49
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I booked to go to Yosemite, Grand Canyon & Classic California for the 6th June but was told by Just You this was cancelled due to low numbers booking it would of been nice to hear this sooner rather then when I was phoning up to pay for the balance for the holiday. I was a bit disappointed but lucky I could change the date to 16th May so looking forward to meeting everyone who's going on that date. It will be my first holiday to USA and with Just You. I know there are about 22 booked up on this date so would love to hear from you. Will anyone be booking the excursions before the holiday. Not sure how much spending money to take. I will need to check out the weather will it be hot? Anybody staying at Heathrow the night before?

Alison 🙂

vmax
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Alison,

I've just booked the Park Inn by Radisson Bath Road Heathrow  Middlesex UB7 0DU, £115.00 for Sunday night and up to 21 days parking included.

Mike