Sussex Downs
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Well the above tour has been booked which looks to be another good one.

The review by Anniethenitnurse was excellent for her holiday in September 2013.

With reference to New York can someone tell me what day is the optional night tour (hopefully the day we arrive) as with the amount of free time I want to see as much as I can. So on the last day what time do we leave the hotel for the airport as I may prebook a visit to the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State building (any advice is welcome).

So who else is going on this tour??

Regards

Malcolm

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Malcolm,

I am going a bit later than you and I am doing the New York add on as there are a few things I want to spend time doing, I am sure this will be a great tour I have done most off this bar the Canada part on my first JY tour in 2006, I hope you get the answers to your questions and see all you wish to see.

Cindy

anniethenitnurse
(Member)
Hi Malcolm,

When I did my trip - and thanks for the lovely comment - we did the New York by night on the day we arrived in New York. We got into New York about 4pm on the Sunday afternoon, and started the evening trip about 6.30, if I remember correctly. Times Square on a Sunday evening is manic!!!!

Kind regards

Anne

anniethenitnurse
(Member)
OOOPs Malcolm - I left out the bit about the airport! We left just after lunchtime, which meant we had the morning to do as we wanted. some did the Empire State building then, and 4 of us did the carriage ride through Central Park (if you do that, go to the registered carriages, and not the touts! They start the tours about 10am) Hope that's of use to you

Anne

Sussex Downs
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Many thanks Anne and Cindy for your prompt replies.

I know it’s a long way off Anne, but when you were in Toronto were there queues when you went up the CN Tower? Or does one buy the ticket online?From Google maps I see it is not too far from the Bond Place Hotel.

Re your review for the New York part, would it be better to do the Statue of Liberty after the morning tour and the Empire State building on the last morning. I reckon the Statue of Liberty will take about 4 hours with the ferry etc. I think it will be best, again to buy the ticket before I go.

No doubt there will be more questions the more I read about this trip.

All the best.

Malcolm

anniethenitnurse
(Member)
Hi Malcolm,

The queues for CN tower were pretty good and there wasn't a great time to wait - it's all very organized! I didn't do the Statue of Liberty tour as I'd done that years ago, but I do know that it was scheduled on our last morning in New York. So, you may need to do the Empire State building another day - we were scheduled to do that at the end of the evening tour, but the weather prohibited it, so you may find that you'll be able to do it if weather permits on that night. It would be brilliant if it did as you would get all the night light views right across the city. I also did the helicopter ride - I did the short one, which was the cheapest of the two - I felt that the longer one (only by about 5 minutes) wasn't worth the extra money as there wasn't much difference to the views. Hope that's of use to you, and please don't hesitate to ask any questions. Although I don't have anything booked for a further break yet, I do like to keep looking on here in case something suddenly catches my eye from a review!

Best wishes

Anne

anniethenitnurse
(Member)
Back again - I forgot about the paying bit! - we paid the tour manager for the trips direct. Not sure if you'd get it any cheaper booking online.

Regards

Anne

Sussex Downs
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Having purchased a guide which covers this tour, what other stopping places are there beside the ones mentioned in the Just You brochure, so that i can read up about them?

Many thanks

Malcolm