neilp67
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All,

I just wanted to find out what the availability of the Texas & New Orleans trip is for the 12th September and 26th September?

Is anyone on here interested in this tour?

From the brochure it looks really good. Also Texas is a place I have always wanted to visit.

Regards

Neil

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Neil,

At the moment there are places available on both the 12th and 26th September departures.

Kindest regards,

Julia

cjh
  • (Member)
(Member)
'neilp67' wrote:

Hi All,

I just wanted to find out what the availability of the Texas & New Orleans trip is for the 12th September and 26th September?

From the brochure it looks really good. Also Texas is a place I have always wanted to visit.

Regards

Neil

Hi Neil

Yes I'm also looking at doing this trip on the 26th sept it does look really good 🙂

I also really want to go to Texas and NASA. Space centre

Regards

Claire

neilp67
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am tempted to book this tour for September as it looks really good.

Although at the moment I am just waiting to receive my passport as it needs to be renewed.

neilp67
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'cjh' wrote:

'neilp67' wrote:

Hi All,

Regards

Neil

Hi Neil

Yes I'm also looking at doing this trip on the 26th sept it does look really good 🙂

I also really want to go to Texas and NASA. Space centre

Regards

Claire

Hi Claire,

Just saw your reply. The tour on the 26th is a bit cheaper, only just.

The tour look like it would be really good. I have not been to Texas so would love to go. The NASA space centre visit would be worth it.

Neil

chrisc
  • (Member)
(Member)
'neilp67' wrote:

Hi All,

Hi Neil

I did this tour last year and can recommend it, even though it rained in New Orleans! Did all excursions - had been to Cape Canaveral many years ago and wanted to relive the experience at Houston and was not disappointed - awesome, as they say! Ranch experience/horse riding is a must, even if like me you have never been near a horse before. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. Great group as always with Just You (this was my tenth I think). Just do it!

Sussex Downs
(Member)
I did this tour last May and would say there are good days and not so good days. Nothing to do with Just You! I have a review of this tour in the reviews section.

From a scenery point of view the part of Texas we went through was not great (as opposed to other US tours I have been on). The good / excellent parts were Dallas (6th floor), Fort Worth (rodeo evening), San Antonio (the Alamo) and of course New Orleans. Do go for the evening meal on the paddle steamer Nachez and Bourbon Street at night is a must.

Disappointed with Austin and the Houston Space centre. Everyone tells me that Cape Kennedy is much better, so I have booked the Florida tour in May.

Good size meals and steaks are good and also the alligator in New Orleans!!!

All the best

Malcolm