Martinm40
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi this is my first just you trip, is anyone going to the National Parks, Mount Rushmore & LBH on the 7th October? Would be great to hear from you. :thumbup:
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Martin I'm going on this tour next week! If you look at the reviews section you'll find a brilliant thread on this tour by Olive, which will give you a taster of what lies in store. I'll also do a write-up when I get back. Hope you have a great time, it should be a fantastic tour!

Cheers,

Bob

katy1717
(Member)
Hi, I'm on this trip too. Have so far done 3 JY trips, all within Europe. Am looking forward to this trip very much, its an area of the States I have never been to before.
Martinm40
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Martin I'm going on this tour next week! If you look at the reviews section you'll find a brilliant thread on this tour by Olive, which will give you a taster of what lies in store. I'll also do a write-up when I get back. Hope you have a great time, it should be a fantastic tour!

Cheers,

Bob

Yes I did see that review, looks really good, have a good trip!

Martinm40
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'katy1717' wrote:

Hi, I'm on this trip too. Have so far done 3 JY trips, all within Europe. Am looking forward to this trip very much, its an area of the States I have never been to before.

Hi Katy, I've read a few reviews and it looks a fantastic trip, are you flying from Heathrow?

GillianP
(Member)
'Martinm40' wrote:

Hi this is my first just you trip, is anyone going to the National Parks, Mount Rushmore & LBH on the 7th October? Would be great to hear from you. :thumbup:

Hi Martin - I am booked on this trip too - really looking forward to it.

katy1717
(Member)
'Martinm40' wrote:

'katy1717' wrote:

Hi Katy, I've read a few reviews and it looks a fantastic trip, are you flying from Heathrow?

Yes, live near London. Glad its an afternoon flight so don't need to get to the airport the day before.

Katy

BettyBoo
(Member)
Hi fellow travellers

I am also booked on this tour. It will be my 2nd JY holiday, did Route 66 last October and really enjoyed it. This tour was recommended by several fellow travellers who had been on it before. There are more 1 night only stopovers on this trip which will mean some expert planning required on the packing. I also expect it may be a bit chilly as we head north and then will warm up as we head south to Las Vegas.

I have booked all the excursions except for the most expensive flight. How about you?

A late departure from Heathrow means that I will not have to stay the night before, as I am only an hour from the airport.

Looking forward to meeting you all

Martinm40
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi BettyBoo

I've booked all the trips except the flight over the grand canyon, looking forward to the trip now, only 4 weeks away!!

Jojo85
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Martinm40' wrote:

Hey x im going on this tour. I cannot wait. Is everyone here travelling alone? Look forward to meeting you all. Jo xx

Martinm40
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jojo85' wrote:

'Martinm40' wrote:

Hey x im going on this tour. I cannot wait. Is everyone here travelling alone? Look forward to meeting you all. Jo xx

I'm definitely travelling alone, coming up from Devon, are you flying from heathrow?

nannyonabike
(Member)
Hi all,

I'm doing the National Parks! Mount Rushmore +LBH on Oct 7th. This will be my third trip with Just You.

I did Route 66 and trip across Europe before that. It sounds AMAZING and i cant wait.

If its your first trip be prepared for some early starts and spending time on the coach but it's the only way to see so much. There are plenty of comfort stops and the holiday Reps and drivers are great, I have some lovely memories.

I find the American people have always been very polite friendly and helpful.

Don't forget to tip in restaurants,and bars, the workers apparently earn poor wages and the tips bump up their earnings. The British can be a little 'tight' where tipping is concerned and I heard a guy on the last trip say the Americans have a saying...."what's the difference between the British and a canoe?"......."A canoe will TIP"

I have been looking forward to this trip for ages...and it's almost here!!!! See you all there. X

BettyBoo
(Member)
I have just read Bobs review of this tour . Only 10 days to go and then we will be off! At least the direct flight from Heathrow should mean that we don't have the same problems that the Manchester flight experienced.

BB

:thumbup: