suekelly
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Anyone flying from Manchester on 23/9/2013 doing this one?

My first with this company, so if you're going on this one and flying from elsewhere would still like to hear.

Cheers:thumbup:

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue,

I'm on this holiday, look forward to meeting you at Manchester.

Last time I checked there was 19 people booked, that was around a month ago so suspect maybe a few more.

Are you staying over the night before or travelling to the airport in the morning. I've booked at Bewleys hotel as travelling over day before from York area and also know of one other person that is staying at the Crowne Plaza. As both hotels are close we plan to meet for a meal/drink night before, anyone else would be more than welcome to join us.

Not long now

Mick

MikeB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue

I'm the other person Mick mentioned and I know of a couple of other people on the trip from scanning the forum.

Look forward to meeting you.

Mike 🙂

DavidH
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sue

I am also on this trip, hope to see you and the others at Manchester Airport on the 23rd,

Regards

Dave

SteveW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue,

I booked on this trip a couple of weeks ago, again travelling from Manchester.

I'll be travelling on the train from Huddersfield on the morning of the flight.

Regards,

Steve

CDM
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue (and everyone else!)

I'm booked on this but will be travelling up on the morning as I don't live far away but I'm thinking of booking in to the Escape lounge in T2 from 8.30 as its just more comfortable for waiting around. Anyone else doing that or is there another meeting place planned?

Diane (pronounced Dee Ann, an uninteresting story best shared over a drink one evening!) :thumbup:

CDM
  • (Member)
(Member)
oops! think I may have caused confusion with an earlier post, I hadn't realised there were two similarly named tours leaving Manchester on the same day. :blush: I'm on the 17 day tour. :)

Diane

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Diane,

No confusion, think we are all the 17 day one, look forward to meeting you.

Mick

CDM
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

Diane,

No confusion, think we are all the 17 day one, look forward to meeting you.

Mick

Its getting nearer folks! Really looking forward to this trip.

Still thinking about paying £17.50 for access to the Escape lounge in T2 - lots more comfortable and everything you eat and drink in there (newspapers, magazines, snacks, tea, coffee, alcohol!) covered in the fee so not bad value at airport prices. Certainly found it better than the general cafes when waiting at Heathrow last year and I'll be leaving home before breakfast so ...

Anyone else interested - don't want to be the only one sitting in glorious isolation when everyone else is getting to know each other!

Diane

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Diane,

Think you've convinced me as our fight isn't while 11-50 and I'm not one for sleeping i so will probably be in airport around 9am.

Although I'll be having a breakfast at the hotel a couple of drinks will go down well.

I know its not a lot but you can get another 10% off (£15-74) if you book with holiday extras through the voucher codes website.

go to www.vouchercodes.co.uk

search for Holiday Extras

you'll see a 10% offer for airport lounges so click on it.

put in 23rd sept and manchester terminal 2 and the deal will appear.

Anyone else fancy the lounge ?

Mick

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Diane,

To add to my last message I've just booked the escape lounge, see you there.

How about everyone else, free coffee, tea, alcohol, snacks, comfy chairs, newspapers all for £15-74.

Remember when JY provided this on long haul holidays, I'm sure Julia will be able to tell us why they now dont.

only 6 more weeks

Mick

DavidH
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mick

Thanks for the information, have also used the offer to book into the lounge, hope to see you, Diane and any others there on the 23rd.

Regards

Dave

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Dave/Diane,

Thats at least 3 of us for the lounge, I've Mike B's email as we are both staying over and will be meeting night before. I'll mention the lounge to him then he can book if interested.

Mick

MikeB
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've booked the lounge too. See everyone there!
CDM
  • (Member)
(Member)
'DavidH' wrote:

Mick

Thanks for the information, have also used the offer to book into the lounge, hope to see you, Diane and any others there on the 23rd.

Regards

Dave

Well that makes three of us! Any more for any more?

Diane

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Well four so far, hopefully others will see this post and join us.

Mick

Dezzy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everyone

I'm also booked into the lounge, looking forward to meeting you all.

Derek

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Dezzy' wrote:

Hi everyone

I'm also booked into the lounge, looking forward to meeting you all.

Derek

Hi Derek,

Look forward to meeting you along with everyone else, 5 of us in the lounge now.

Mick

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Just for information I've been checking average tempretures (in farenheit) for the time of year for each place we visit. Mainly as a guide for what I need to pack.

Denver - High 70 - nightime low 45

Rapid City (2 nights) - 70 - 45

Sheridan - 70 - 40

Cody - 65 -40

Yellowstone - 55 - 22

Jackson - 60 - 25

Salt Lake City (2 nights) - 65 - 45

Cortez (2 nights) - 65 - 35

Gand Canyon - 65 - 45

Page - 70 - 50

Bryce - 70 - 50

Vegas - 80 - 60

CLC
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have booked this as my first JY holiday. Bit daunting but very much looking forward to it. Am travelling day before and staying at crowne plaza to reduce travel stress on day. Also after reading posts have used voucher codes website and booked escape lounge. Does anyone know exactly what salt lake excursion involves... Is it looking around area or a boat trip. When I phoned it i was told it involved a boat trip but it doesn't mention it on the itinerary! When I asked on Monday there are 28 now booked on the trip.