Bungle
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi. My name's Graham. I've just booked this tour for the 4th of October. Anyone else going?

This will be both my first JY holiday, and my first holiday abroad alone (although I have been quite a few times as a kid with my parents). I've been pondering booking something for a few years now, but never had the courage to book anything. I'm a bit nervous about meeting new people, and find small talk difficult. I decided to go with this holiday as it's quite short, not that far away, and it appealed to me, so it will give me a chance to find out what JY is like. :)

Just one question though, if anyone knows: on the Eurostar how are seats allocated? I've upgraded to Standard Premiere.

David of Just You
(Member)
Hi Graham

I can help regarding Eurostar as I'm responsible in getting our allocations. With Standard Premier, it rather depends how many people choose to upgrade but usually I try and get people sat in an individual window seat unless there are comments to the contrary. Eurostar has 4 types of Standard Premier seating - namely Club 4, Club 2, Duo and Solo. Club 4 (table for 4) is reserved for groups of 3-4 people, not allowing a booking for 2 to sit there unless they've ran out of Club 2 (table for 2) or Duo (2 seats side by side (called a twin also)). The 'solo' seats are good because you've plenty of space to put your legs out in front, underneath the seat infront, and you've an aisle one side, window the other.

http://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/travel-information/on-board/eurostar-seating-plan  (where I note they've renamed duo to twin seating).

As you're in Standard Premier, you're probably aware that you'll get a 'lite bites' meal included in the upgrade costs. If you have any special meal requirements, please make sure that you advise us so that we can book it appropriately. We can specify things like gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, etc. not precise meals.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards

David

Bungle
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, David. Thanks for the response. An individual seat was what I was hoping for, as I am the sort of person who likes to stare out of the window on train journeys - I love watching the scenery go past, particularly if it's a journey I have not done before. :)

As for the meal, I don't have any special dietary requirements, so whatever they are serving will be fine.

David of Just You
(Member)
Hi Graham

I've added a note to the booking just in case I forget for whatever reason! Have a good holiday & hopefully someone else booked is a forum user and will get in touch.

Kind regards

David

Bungle
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks. 🙂
KarenR
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Graham

I am going to Lille and Bruges too. It will be my first European holiday alone, having been to the UK and other Channel Islands many times (I live in Jersey). It's going to be a bit of a tester trip, as I would like to revisit Italy and Hawaii some day. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Karen

MarionD*
(Member)
I wanted to book but I am not sure how much walking is involved as I have arthritis in my knee. I posted a question asking this but did not get a response. If anybody knows it would be good to hear as this trip appeals to me as a first one or "taster"
KarenR
  • (Member)
(Member)
'MarionD*' wrote:

I wanted to book but I am not sure how much walking is involved as I have arthritis in my knee. I posted a question asking this but did not get a response. If anybody knows it would be good to hear as this trip appeals to me as a first one or "taster"

Hello Marion. If you click on Tour Managers instead of Say Hello to Other Single Travellers, this should link you to someone at Just You who can answer your question. I'm not sure what 'moderate walking' is either but I am sure that. given the type of holiday this is, it won't be anything too strenuous. Karen

KarenR
  • (Member)
(Member)
'David wrote:

Hi Graham

I've added a note to the booking just in case I forget for whatever reason! Have a good holiday & hopefully someone else booked is a forum user and will get in touch.

Kind regards

David

Hi David. I have just been reading this thread. When we arrive at St Pancras will we then all be given the opportunity to upgrade our Eurostar seats? It would be nice if we were all sitting in the same area, even though, like Graham I will be glued to the scenery. Many thanks. Karen

MarionD*
(Member)
'KarenR' wrote:

'MarionD*' wrote:

Hello Marion. If you click on Tour Managers instead of Say Hello to Other Single Travellers, this should link you to someone at Just You who can answer your question. I'm not sure what 'moderate walking' is either but I am sure that. given the type of holiday this is, it won't be anything too strenuous. Karen

Thanks Karen

Bungle
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'KarenR' wrote:

Hi Graham

I am going to Lille and Bruges too. It will be my first European holiday alone, having been to the UK and other Channel Islands many times (I live in Jersey). It's going to be a bit of a tester trip, as I would like to revisit Italy and Hawaii some day. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Karen

Hi, Karen. Are you travelling on the same date as me?

KarenR
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bungle' wrote:

'KarenR' wrote:

Hi Graham

Karen

Hi, Karen. Are you travelling on the same date as me?

Hi Graham

I just replied to your message (although I can't see my reply) and then having read your heading properly I realised what a numpty I am because there is more than one departure date - I didn't know! So unfortunately, no, I am on the earlier trip. I hope that having so many departure dates won't dilute the numbers too much. Karen