Worldtraveller
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Getting excited about holiday had my jabs and have decided to take malarone tablets just whilst in Cambodia and informed it is not necessary for Vietnam do people who have been agree? Any information before I order them.

I fly down from Manchester early morning 17th anyone else on flight.? Looking forward to meeting you all. I was in Cuba last year and had a great time. Just been to Lake Garda and had a lovely holiday.

Any more information about what to take would be appreciated.

See you all in the airport lounge. Tricia

anitalaughs
(Member)
'Worldtraveller' wrote:

Getting excited about holiday had my jabs and have decided to take malarone tablets just whilst in Cambodia and informed it is not necessary for Vietnam do people who have been agree? Any information before I order them.

I fly down from Manchester early morning 17th anyone else on flight.? Looking forward to meeting you all. I was in Cuba last year and had a great time. Just been to Lake Garda and had a lovely holiday.

anitalaughs
(Member)
Hi Tricia,

I am on this trip as well and am travelling from Belfast early that morning, am really looking forward to this trip. I had my booster done a few years ago as I needed them for Thailand and Kenya. Will need to check with the doctor about the Malaria tablets. See you at the airport lounge.

Anita

Iris C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Worldtraveller' wrote:

Hi Tricia

I did the Vietnam/Cambodia tour in April this year. Absolutely spectacular and you will love it. I hope the weather is a little cooler in September than it was in April. I purchased Malarone tablets for the whole trip and stopped taking them after the third day because I became ill. Unfortunately I was ill the day we left for Halong Bay and for 2 days after which unfortunately spoilt that part of the holiday. It may not have been the Malarone tablets but the symptoms were similar to those mentioned in the side-effects. Very few people in our party of 35 took anti-malaria tablets and even my practice nurse felt it wan't necessary. But you must decide for yourself.

Have a fabulous holiday and I wish I was coming with you as I would love to do it all again. A very full on trip with early mornings but the sights (and smells) you will never forget. Also I found it best to use US dollars as I couldn't get my head around the Vietnamese dong. Dollars are accepted everywhere. One thing you must try is the sugar cane drink which we managed to purchase at a very nice "comfort break" restaurant in Vietnam but I can't remember where we were at the time - if I do remember I will post another reply.

Kind regards

Iris