stephanieb
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello

I am a new member having just signed up this afternoon.

I have been thinking about booking the National Parks, Canyons & Little Big Horn trip for May 2012. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has done this trip previously, is it a good choice? And what optional activities would you recommend.

This would be my first trip with Just You, my slight reservation is that I am thirty and worried that I may be too young to qualify for this holiday?

Steph

dmouse
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steph,

I went on this holiday a couple of years ago and had a great time. I loved Bryce Canyon. The hoodoos are magical as the sunlight catches them.

I'm in my early thirties, so don't worry about being too young. You will find people of all ages on these holidays.

JimS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steph,

I did this trip last month. I had a great time with a great bunch of people. I notice that next year the trip is the reverse to what we did. We started in Rapid City and ended in Las Vegas.

The scenery on this trip is fantastic. I especially liked Bryce canyon and Mesa Verde. Yellowstone was marvellous, the only disappointment was not seeing a bear but we saw deer, elk, moose and lots of bison.

The trip itself is quite hectic with a few early starts and a couple of long days but overall it was a memorable holiday.

Regds

Jim

martini2429
(Member)
Hi Steph,

I did this trip about 3 years ago and it was fantastic, as Jim says they have turned it around so you start in Vegas and end in Rapid City, as far as I am concerned that is a bad idea, but I am not the one who arranges the holidays.

If you have never been to America then you must fly the Grand Canyon, I didn't when I went as I had done it back in the 80's

This trip now only appears to have 2 optional trips, quite a lot of what is now included was optional when I did it, the Great Salt Lake was interesting, so why not do it.

If you are interested in Geniology (have I spelt it right!!!!!), then when you get to Salt Lake City go and spend some time with the Mormons who will search things for you, I spent about 3 hours with them and it didn't cost a penny, but I left a donation when I had finished.

Again as Jim says, the views are incredible and the colours fantastic and I can go one better than Jim, when we were in Yellowstone we saw a Bald Eagle, vary rare apparently.

Have agreat time, if I can be of any more help, get in touch.

regards,

Martin

ElaineC
(Member)
Hi Steph

I haven't done this trip before, but I am booked on the trip in May. Really looking forward to it. Always wanted to see the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone and Las Vegas. I went on my first Just You tour in August to the Heart of Alpine Europe and really enjoyed it. There were all age ranges, but age just doesn't matter on these holidays, everybody gets on really well. Maybe we'll meet up next May. Elaine :thumbup:

PeterG
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have booked the May 2012 trip and looking forward to it.

Peter

stephanieb
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you all for the encouragement - I am very much closer to booking it!

Steph

Poppins
(Member)
'stephanieb' wrote:

Thank you all for the encouragement - I am very much closer to booking it!

Steph

Hi steph

I am 36 and was considering this particular trip I have not yet booked it as I was enquiring as to the age range but the more I read the more closer I get to booking it!