jan knowles
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I've just come back from a holiday with Just You to Kenya (which was fantastic) and am thinking of doing the Pyramids and Nile Cruise next year. Does anyone know the coolest month to do this? Any tips would be most welcome.

Jan

KMcP
  • (Member)
(Member)
I stayed in Luxor at end of January (10 years ago!), it was cold in the morning, e.g. at 6a.m. when up and out to do excursions and by 9a.m. at The Valley of The Kings, it was scorching, but I think January is one of the coolest months, I would suggest maybe having a quick look at a weather website which usually lists the min and max temperatures, that might help you out, if you have a 'google'.
Mrs James
(Member)
'jan wrote:

Hi

I've just come back from a holiday with Just You to Kenya (which was fantastic) and am thinking of doing the Pyramids and Nile Cruise next year. Does anyone know the coolest month to do this? Any tips would be most welcome.

Jan

Hi Jan am going to the pyramids and the Nile on Tuesday so will let you know when I return, Im told its in the 80's at the mo, Ilol pass on any tips which may help you. Hope JY are ok, this is my first trip with them.

Regards BJ

Chris Prince
(Member)
Hi

I was on the Pyramids and Nile cruise trip in October - 11th to 18th. It was around 35 degrees but 40 in Abu Simbel. It's a fantastic trip! 🙂

DPM
  • (Member)
(Member)
And I set off on this trip tomorrow! :)

I'm hoping that the temperatures in November should be bearable. If I learn any handy tips when I'm out there, I'll share them with you on my return.

DPM
  • (Member)
(Member)
'DPM' wrote:

And I set off on this trip tomorrow! :)

I'm hoping that the temperatures in November should be bearable. If I learn any handy tips when I'm out there, I'll share them with you on my return.

I'm now safely back in the UK having had a fantastic time on the Pyramids & Nile Cruise trip.

The temperatures in November were probably just about right - quite hot, but not unbearably so. Cairo is warm, but the further south you go, the hotter it gets, so places like Luxor, Aswan and Abu Simbel are quite hot, especially around midday.

You'll need to drink plenty of water, but you can buy this on a daily basis from the coach driver, 3 bottles for £1. The coach is air conditioned. You are mostly exposed to the sun when visiting the temples, but there are usually shaded areas so you are never in direct sunlight for too long if you don't want to be. Many of the temples have a covered cafeteria area where you can sit and relax with a cold drink or an ice cream.

The cruise boat too also has covered areas on the top deck, so you can sit, relax and watch the scenery passing by without getting sunburnt.

From experience, I can only speak about the November temperatures. I would guess that mid-October to mid-March might be the best time to go, I'd certainly avoid June to August as that is likely to be far too hot. It is a busy itinerary on the trip, particularly the first couple of days, so you need to avoid temperatures that will quickly exhaust you.

Overall though, this was an excellent holiday and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. Just You made it run like clockwork. Our tour rep Penny Jones and our local guide Randa were magnificent throughout.

Mrs James
(Member)
'jan wrote:

Hi

Jan

hi jan please read the testimonial from dpm its brilliant and all true, maybee jan feb or march might be cooler but it was a fantastic holiday and Penny the tour manager was excellent also Randa the guide, so go for it and enjoy

best wishes bj