joyce2
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Just finding my way around this site, am looking to book a holiday, this is my 2nd time ofasking advice looking at america pks and canyons, has anyone been on either the 10 day or the 16 day one, I would appreciate any thoughts, by sept 2012 I will be 70 although still fairly fit, did the china in sept. 2009 which was amazing. The grand canyon is top of my list with the helicopter ride a must, but i might be wrong, am also interested in the scenery side ie parks, 16 one does yellowstone.

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has been one either

Regards

Joyce2.

patricebry
(Member)
Hi,

I'm 73 and enjoyed the 10 day Parks & Canyons so much I've done it twice! Everything about it was brilliant - I could do it again! The helicopter over the Grand Canyon was amazing, as was the horse riding in the Bryce Canyon' and the jeep ride in Sedona - I could go on!!.

I've booked for China next Sept and I'm a bit worried about my age! It sounds a bit 'full on'!

Enjoy the US!

Regards, Pat

patricebry
(Member)
Hi Joyce,

I'm 73 and enjoyed the Parks & Canyons so much I've done it twice! The helicopter over the Grand Canyon was brilliant as was the horse riding in the Bryce Canyon - and the jeep ride in Sedona - I could go on!! So book it and enjoy. I was on the 10 day one.

I've booked for China next September and I'm a bit worried about my age - it does seem to be 'full on'!

Regards, Pat

jwb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Joyce,

I did the 10 day tour in March 2010 and really enjoyed it!! Also did the China trip this year and can compare. The parks and canyons is not as frenetic as China but still busy enough. The scenery is fantastic and I did the helicopter trip to Grand Canyon - the best way to my mind to get your first view!!!! The other parks and canyons have different natures but all are spectacular. My particular favourite was Bryce Canyon - it took my breath away and I'm not talking about the altitude!!! You do need more cash than China as you have quite a few meals and optional tours to buy but I felt it was worth it. At least the toilets are better than China. Hope this is of some help. John

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Joyce2

I have not done this tour but I hope someone can answer your questions. I have done 3 USA tours they are very good lots to see and do.

Cindy

Faith
  • (Member)
(Member)
'joyce2' wrote:

Hi

Just finding my way around this site, am looking to book a holiday, this is my 2nd time ofasking advice looking at america pks and canyons, has anyone been on either the 10 day or the 16 day one, I would appreciate any thoughts, by sept 2012 I will be 70 although still fairly fit, did the china in sept. 2009 which was amazing. The grand canyon is top of my list with the helicopter ride a must, but i might be wrong, am also interested in the scenery side ie parks, 16 one does yellowstone.

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has been one either

Regards

Joyce2.

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Did the 10 day tour earlier in the year and really enjoyed it, will maye do the longer one sometime in the future.
joyce2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'patricebry' wrote:

Hi,

I'm 73 and enjoyed the 10 day Parks & Canyons so much I've done it twice! Everything about it was brilliant - I could do it again! The helicopter over the Grand Canyon was amazing, as was the horse riding in the Bryce Canyon' and the jeep ride in Sedona - I could go on!!.

I've booked for China next Sept and I'm a bit worried about my age! It sounds a bit 'full on'!

Enjoy the US!

Regards, Pat

joyce2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'jwb' wrote:

Hi Joyce,

I did the 10 day tour in March 2010 and really enjoyed it!! Also did the China trip this year and can compare. The parks and canyons is not as frenetic as China but still busy enough. The scenery is fantastic and I did the helicopter trip to Grand Canyon - the best way to my mind to get your first view!!!! The other parks and canyons have different natures but all are spectacular. My particular favourite was Bryce Canyon - it took my breath away and I'm not talking about the altitude!!! You do need more cash than China as you have quite a few meals and optional tours to buy but I felt it was worth it. At least the toilets are better than China. Hope this is of some help. John

joyce2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'patricebry' wrote:

Hi,

Enjoy the US!

Regards, Pat

joyce2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Pat, John,

Thank you so much for your reply regarding National Parks & Canyons, it has helped me make up my mind, will book this trip for September within the next 7 dYS.

Pat your trip to china will be amazing, you are correct it is full on, but so different, I enoyed every minute of the experience, you are so well looked after by the just you rep, you only have to do what you can copewith, but I know you will want to do and see everything, "great wall" "forbidden city" terrecotta army. I just think how fortunate we are to have seen just a little of this world compared to some.

Just enjoy which I know you will.

Thank you Pat and John for your reply much appreciated.

Joyce2

joyce2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Pat & John

Thank you both for your reply which has dfinately helped me decide to book this holiday, Pat haveno worries with regard to china it is hectic, but you are so well looked after. and only have to do what you are comfortable with, " once ina lifetime holiday, go for it , "Amazing Country".

Thank you both once again.

Joyce2

joyce2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Pat & John for you reply regarding Natunal :Pks and Canyons, I have decided to book this holiday, it does sound good. Pat do not worry about China I just havea feeling you will enjoy, the country is just amazing "The forbidden City, Great Wall etc, etc I couldgo on and on, if you are fairly fit 73 yr old you will have no problem, on my trip I wouldsay half were between 60-80 just go for it and enjoy I did amazing holiday.

Thank you both once again.

Joyce2