Senior Kay
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I'm hoping to be able to holiday next spring and would really like any feedback from anyone who has gone on the Texas & New Orleans tour or the Americas Nat'l Parks & Canyons tour? I have been to Arizona before and really enjoyed the red rock country around Sedona and Sedona itself. Many thanks.
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've done parks & canyons holiday and you certainly see some fantastic sites, its a good and quite hectic holiday.

Not done the Texas & New Orleans with JY but have been to San Antonio which is one of my favorite US cities.

Senior Kay
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mick wrote:

I've done parks & canyons holiday and you certainly see some fantastic sites, its a good and quite hectic holiday.

Not done the Texas & New Orleans with JY but have been to San Antonio which is one of my favorite US cities.

Hi Mick

Many thanks for your feedback - I think the Texas tour is the main contender at the moment - but of course I would like to do both! Cheers.

Senior Kay
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Many thanks Mick for your feedback - thought I had posted a reply but doesn't seem to be here so obviously operator error. Cheers.
patricebry
(Member)
'Senior wrote:

Hi I'm hoping to be able to holiday next spring and would really like any feedback from anyone who has gone on the Texas & New Orleans tour or the Americas Nat'l Parks & Canyons tour? I have been to Arizona before and really enjoyed the red rock country around Sedona and Sedona itself. Many thanks.

Hi Kay,

I havn't been to Texas but I have done the Parks and Canyons - twice!! The first time there was a ranch add-on in Tucson which was brilliant. They havn't done the ranch since but I returned to Ariizona last September and enjoyed it just as much. Like you I love Sedona and the red rock country - if I was younger I could live there!! It is a brilliant holiday and I have some wonderful memories and photos of it. Book it!!

Regards, Pat

Ebs
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kay,

I haven't been on the Texas and New Orleans tour with Just You, but I have been in Texas a good few times on my own.

It's absolutely a world of it's own and beautiful place to be. I noticed that the tour takes Dallas, Forth Worth, Austin and San Antonio. I have been in all of those places(haven't been in Houston). I have to say all of those cities are easy to walk around in especially Austin and San Antonio.

People are very friendly and you get great friendly service where ever you go. You get to see the rodeo and Alamo etc.

I would recommend this trip to anyone. Personally Austin is one of my favorite cities in the world(Edinburgh and Anchorage the other ones), plenty of live music in there.

"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word - Author John Steinbeck"

Hope you get to book your holiday since this is truly a wonderful part of the world.

Erica

Senior Kay
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'patricebry' wrote:

'Senior wrote:

Hi Kay,

I havn't been to Texas but I have done the Parks and Canyons - twice!! The first time there was a ranch add-on in Tucson which was brilliant. They havn't done the ranch since but I returned to Ariizona last September and enjoyed it just as much. Like you I love Sedona and the red rock country - if I was younger I could live there!! It is a brilliant holiday and I have some wonderful memories and photos of it. Book it!!

Regards, Pat

Hi Pat

I think I'll end up tossing a coin - the Texas tour has a ranch add-on and I would like to visit NASA but the red rock country calls just as loudly! Many thanks for your feedback.

Cheers. Kay

Senior Kay
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Ebs' wrote:

Hi Kay,

I haven't been on the Texas and New Orleans tour with Just You, but I have been in Texas a good few times on my own.

It's absolutely a world of it's own and beautiful place to be. I noticed that the tour takes Dallas, Forth Worth, Austin and San Antonio. I have been in all of those places(haven't been in Houston). I have to say all of those cities are easy to walk around in especially Austin and San Antonio.

People are very friendly and you get great friendly service where ever you go. You get to see the rodeo and Alamo etc.

I would recommend this trip to anyone. Personally Austin is one of my favorite cities in the world(Edinburgh and Anchorage the other ones), plenty of live music in there.

"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word - Author John Steinbeck"

Hope you get to book your holiday since this is truly a wonderful part of the world.

Erica

Hiya Erica

Many thanks for feedback re Texas - sounds great so I think the scales may be tipping in that direction.

Kay