DPM
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Anybody else going on the Pyramids and Nile Cruise this November? I'm guessing so, as the trip now seems to have sold out. :D

This will be my first JY holiday and also my first trip to Egypt, so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm a 41 year old male and I've been abroad on my own before but never in an organised group so this will be a bit different for me.

I booked the trip weeks ago, but I still can't quite believe I am going!!

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I am not on this tour but I have done 7 JY trips you will have a great time I am sure. Enjoy.

Cindy

2468rosemary
(Member)
I did this trip about 8 years ago,Its amazing ,The Temples,The Pyramids and the Museum in Cairo if you get to go there. Valley of the KIngs is also a wonderful area. You have a lot to look forward to it is very tiring but so worth it.I loved the whole content and the Waiters on the Boat are so helpful and obliging. Good Luck and I Hope you enjoy your 1st Holiday with JY I am nearly on my 13th and I love em !!!!

Regards Rosemary

DPM
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'2468rosemary' wrote:

I did this trip about 8 years ago,Its amazing ,The Temples,The Pyramids and the Museum in Cairo if you get to go there. Valley of the KIngs is also a wonderful area. You have a lot to look forward to it is very tiring but so worth it.I loved the whole content and the Waiters on the Boat are so helpful and obliging. Good Luck and I Hope you enjoy your 1st Holiday with JY I am nearly on my 13th and I love em !!!!

Regards Rosemary

Thanks Rosemary, it sounds every bit as good as I hope it to be!

One of my main worries is getting an upset tummy, as Egypt is notorious for this sort of thing. How did you find the food?

andrewwolny
(Member)
'DPM' wrote:

'2468rosemary' wrote:

Regards Rosemary

Thanks Rosemary, it sounds every bit as good as I hope it to be!

One of my main worries is getting an upset tummy, as Egypt is notorious for this sort of thing. How did you find the food?

I'm booked on this holiday, and it's my first time with JY. I normally go on holidays on my own or with relatives, so I'd thought I'll give this a go- I'm 46 and looking forward to a great time with a good bunch of people with the bonus of somebody else having done all the organising for me.

I would guess that the food is going to be OK; usual precautions- just drink bottled water instead of tap water and steer clear of salads.

Regards Andy

DPM
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'andrewwolny' wrote:

I'm booked on this holiday, and it's my first time with JY. I normally go on holidays on my own or with relatives, so I'd thought I'll give this a go- I'm 46 and looking forward to a great time with a good bunch of people with the bonus of somebody else having done all the organising for me.

I would guess that the food is going to be OK; usual precautions- just drink bottled water instead of tap water and steer clear of salads.

Regards Andy

Hi Andy

It was a similar decision for me too - I have been away on my own before, but the thought of everything being organised for me, for a change, was an attractive proposition! Usually I have to do lots of meticulous planning in advance.

Anyway, there's less than a month to go now, I must admit I'm starting to get excited!

Dave