fionamac
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
What a brilliant trip. Amanda, the guide helped to make it so. This was my third holiday with just you and i'm already looking in the brochure for 2011. I met such lovely people. Hello Sue, Catherine and Di. The scenery was beautiful and going out of season meant it wasn't overcrowded or too hot.
andybux
(Member)
Fiona, is absolutely correct Amanda must be the jewel in the crown of Just You reps. It was a great trip not just because Amanda was so brilliant (I have photos of her dealing with both the police and ambulance services to prove it, it's just a shame that we didn't have to deal with the fire service as well) but because all of the people on the trip to Albi Sept 24 were so kind and gracious to a Just You virgin like me who found it all a bit daunting. They were without exception a remarkable group of intelligent people who tolerated the company of a dull oik like me with considerable good humour, I was amazed by their knowledge of the area and its history whereas I wouldn't know a Bastide from a bagel. The hotel was great apart from being robbed on the first night and turning the lights off in the bar at 10:40 and locking me out when I went for a cigarette after the bar closed (perhaps it wasn't quite as good as I remember). However Amanda and the other travellers made it all worthwhile and I would like to thank them all and wish them well in future. I would recommend such a trip to other nervous souls such as myself, you may not be as lucky as I was with your companions but you won't know unless you try (Sharon made me say that, you see what a great influence she was).