nicky-s
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,this is my first Just You hol, a treat for my 40th! I'm really looking forward to it but am a bit nervous. Is anyone else on this trip from Heathrow?Nicky

stevmag
(Member)
Hi Nicky

Just thought you might like to know you're not travelling on your own. I'm going from Heathrow and this is my first time with Just You. A bit aprehensive but looking forward to it.

Steve

nicky-s
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Steve,are you going to the get together?I haven't booked it yet,but I'm not sure I like the alternative of being up at 3am to get to the airport!!Nicky
Janey66
(Member)
Hi Nicky & Steve

Just to let you both know that I'm going on this trip as well and it isn't my first! I've been travelling with JY for a few years and been on many holidays and have enjoyed every single one. In fact I'm meeting up with 2 friends at Heathrow who I meet on a previous JY holiday and we have kept in touch since. I won't be booking the get together as I live fairly close to Heathrow, however I look forward to meeting you both on the holiday.

I hope that you will enjoy the holiday and that it will encourage you to take another JY trip.

Jane

stevmag
(Member)
Hi

No not going on the Get Together. Travelling down, or up, by coach in the wee small hours. Hopefully I shall doze. I just hate flying so I always assume if I get on the plane tired I will sleep most of the way...Never works though. See you both soon

Steve

stevmag
(Member)
Hi Again

Thought I saw (or heard) on the news couple of days ago that it snowed in Las Vegas. Is this unusual and does it mean I have to bring my boots

Steve

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steve

It is rather unusual to get snow in Vegas but it should be warmer by March, when your trip departs. I don't think you will need your boots by then.

Have a great Christmas,

Olly, your editor

SHEELZ2
(Member)
Hi Steve & Nicky

I did this holiday in Oct, it was fantastic. The weather was mixed, from a little snow in Yellowstone to warm in Arches. Lots of blue sky all the way made the photos even better. Best idea is to take clothes you can layer that way you can take off or put on to suit the day. Take big s.d. card memory, I took 500 + photos & 7hr video, but im a little crazy about photos. It will be a very busy time but well worth it. Casual clothes all the time except for Vegas. Enjoy.

Sheila

nicky-s
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi to Steve and Jane and anyone else going on this trip.Hope you all had a good christmas and your new year is happy and healthy.Not long to wait now,I don't know about you, but I'm thinking of what to pack already!Nicky
justb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Nicky, Jane and Steve

I'm also doing this trip on the 17th March and I'm really looking forward to the stunning landscapes we are bound to see.

Nicky and Steve I know what you mean about being nervous, this will be my second trip with Just You as well as doing a couple with a similar company and still feel a little apprehensive each time I book for no reason, but have made the initial step by booking in the first place.

Look forward to meeting you all on the 17th.

Justin

stevmag
(Member)
Hi

Just paid final amount so I suppose I am going. 8 weeks will fly by.Will dig out my 'battered' case and start checking up on what to pack. Really must buy a new pair of shoes. (Good ones this time.) Look forward to seeing you all.

Steve

Wesley H53
(Member)
Hi Everyone,

This will be my first Holiday with JY,and I have plucked up the courage to do this.Normally I feel isolated travelling where most people travelling are couples nowadays.

However I look forward to meeting you all when I arrive at Heathrow on a Connecting flight from Belfast.I have seen and heard good reports about this holiday..This is my second trip to the US in 19 years .

RogertheRed
(Member)
Hi, Any one else flying out of Manchester on this trip?
nicky-s
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Has anyone applied for their ESTA yet?All I can find is lots of sites trying to sell an application guide,but you can't seem to actually apply.Do we have to buy this or can you just apply?Nicky

stevmag
(Member)
Hi Nicky

According to what I have read 'somewhere', Just You send out full details on how to deal with an ESTA before you go. Is done about 72 hours before you travel I understand. I assume this is right because thats' what I'm relying on. (Mind you I rely on a lot of things that never happen!!). See you in 3 and a bit weeks.

Steve

justb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Nicky

I applied for mine a few weeks ago and got the approval straight away.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/esta.html  , which is free. There is a link at the bottom of the page to take you to the ESTA application site.

Hope this helps

Justin

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steve

I just thought I should warn you that you should have completed your ESTA form 72 hours before departure at the latest. If you can fill it in earlier than that, I would recommend it - just in case you have any computer difficulties or any other problems.

You should receive information on completing the ESTA form in the next week or so but please give us a ring if you don't.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

nicky-s
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi justin.

thanks for the info, will give that a try.

nicky.