MargaretP
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am a 1st timer on single holidays so am looking forward to meeting others likeminded. I am not sure how much money to take. The hotel and cruise meals are included, and optional trips are costed for. But, what about the bar? Can I use a credit card to pay the end bill? Is sterling acceptable at hotel and on boat? I do not intend to buy trinkets and keepsakes, but how much spending money when out and about would I need? Coffees, cakes, lunch etc? Just general spends? Anyone any ideas from previous trips to the Nile?

Thank you in anticipation.

pennyjones56
(Member)
Hello MargaretP My name is Penny and I am to be the tour manager on this tour. You can use your credit card to pay your bill at the end of the cruise. Most meals are included, as well as afternoon tea and cakes on the cruise. Whilst in Cairo, our guide will suggest lunch stops and this was approx. 12 dollars or 120 egyptian pounds last year. There is also a shop on board the cruise ship which is recommended by the guide for any shopping you wish to make. Credit cards are accepted here too. I look forward to meeting you at the airport in the VIP lounge! Penny
Gill P
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello, I too, will be taking this holiday. I look forward to meeting everyone. Gill P
pennyjones56
(Member)
Hello Gill So looking forward to meeting you for this magical tour. It is one of my favourites. Cairo with its hustle and bustle and the cruise on the Nile is breathtaking. Penny
Kris
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Gill, I am travelling up from Swansea on Monday to do the Nile Cruise, hotel overnight for r & r. Look forward to seeing you. Did Texas last May, first singles holiday-had a whale of a time & met loads of lovely people.

See you soon, Kris

Gill Powell
(Member)
Hello Kris. Good to hear from you. I live fairly near LHR so will be travelling Tuesday morning. See you soon. Gill