LindaBon
  • (Guest) (Topic Starter)
(Guest) (Topic Starter)
I have just booked to go on this trip. Been trying to pluck up the courage for 3 weeks and almost missed out. I am flying from Heathrow. I would love to hear from anyone else going on this trip.

Linda

PaulineJ
(Member)
Hi Linda, I'm travelling from Hthrw on Sept 10th as well. This will be my second hol. with JY. I will go to the lounge at the airport & look forward to meeting youand everyone else in our group. Don't worry, most of us will be feeling a bit apprehensive being on our own at first but will soon feel at ease. Getting really excited as I've always wanted to see the places we're going to. See you on the 10th.

Regards, Pauline

PaulineJ

LindaBon
(Guest) (Topic Starter)
Hi Pauline

Great to hear from someone else who is going. I am so looking forward to the holiday. I will look out for you in the lounge. I had wondered how many would be doing the stay the night before but was told on;y 8. I myself am probably driving to Heathrow on the day. I have actually been to a few of the places before but only briefly and am looking forward to revisiting those and discovering new ones.

Linda

PaulineJ
(Member)
Hello Linda, I would imagine the 8 overnighters are coming in from regional airports. I usually drive to the airport, but am thinking about the jet lag on the return home. I dont sleep during flights. What has been your experience travelling from the US and driving? Much cheaper than taxi!!
jerseyrose
(Member)
I am travelling from Jersey, and it is my first holiday alone. I am really looking forward to it, but feel rather nervous about the whole thing! I would love to meet up with anyone also travelling from Heathrow. I've booked 2 tickets for Barry Manilow at Las Vegas Hilton as an end of tour treat. Anyone want to join me?
LindaBon
(Guest) (Topic Starter)
Hi Pauline

Not sure where you will be driving from. I have travelled to the USA lots of times (lived in New engand for 3 years) and I would rather drive from the airport than hang aroung waiting for a bus. I have travelled in to London and got the train before now but find it awkward at Kings Cross as the loos are downstairs and it's impossible to go with a suitcase!I am travelling from just south of Cambridge and will only take me 1 to 1 1/2 hours if traffic is OK. I don't usually sleep on flights though did manage to doze a little on my last one.

I am so looking forward to the holiday. keep wanting to start packing!

Linda

LindaBon
(Guest) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jersey rose

It's my first holiday alone for a good many years though I have travelled on my own a lot. Are you staying overnight at Heathrow? Will look forward to meeting you in the lounge.

Linda

PaulineJ
(Member)
Hello JerseyRose & Linda, You sound very organised Linda if you're ready to pack! Like you, I've travelled on my own before, but hate that single supplement! JerseyRose, I'm sure someone in the Group will join you to see Barry. Not long to wait now. Have decided to drive to the airport.

Regards, Pauline

jerseyrose
(Member)
Hi Linda and Pauline.. Yes, I arrive from Jersey the day before, with overnight stay at Heathrow Novotel.

Are you going to the Get Together meal the night before?.. I'm thinking of it... and trying to pack light but still manage to take all I need..Nightmare!

LindaBon
(Guest) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jersey Rose

Sorry not going to the meal the night before. I'm dreading packing! No idea what to take. See you at the airport.

Linda

PaulineJ
(Member)
Hi there. I'm not going to the night before get-together either. Living in a chinese laundry at the moment having washed and ironed far too much! I'm aiming for wearing layers - hot during the daytime and cool in the evenings. Don't forget your sun lotions. Looking forward to meeting you and all the group. Regards, Pauline
beatie
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello everyone I am travelling down from yorkshire and staying at the hotel with dinner etc the night before i am really looking forward to this holiday though not sure what to pack, i am a little nervous at meeting strange people but hope to get on with everyone and would be pleased to hear from any fellow passengers, hope everyone has a great time.

Jeanette H.

jerseyrose
(Member)
Hi Pauline and Linda. I've just received the tickets and info and am trying to decide which of the flights to do. I wasn't too concerned about a balloon flight but a colleague said to google Teton Mountains and Jackson Hole.. STUNNING..Will definitely be doing that one! Also, the 2hr flight in the Grand Canyon could be turbulent re thermals in the heat of the day, .. Enough said!.. I work at the Jersey Met Office.. Pack for cold, and hot!! See you soon! Rose